PDA

View Full Version : TeaTimer's alert about DefaultUserName...how to get rid of it?

cromwell1230
2008-03-09, 18:05
Hi! I am currently getting this alert from Spybot's TeaTimer about DefaultUserName whenever I'm logging in to my pc's Admin Acct(Dadi): http://i31.tinypic.com/16i1k3.jpg
I've tried exiting from TeaTimer then turning it on again and it will be gone but the same alert(with interchanged old&new data) will pop-up when I log into my pc's Limited Acct(Meme). If I turn-off TeaTimer again in the Limited User Acct then turn it on again the Teatimer alert will be gone on log-on but it will be back on the Admin Acct. How can I permanently get rid of this alert(aside from checking "Remember this decision").

This all started after I did some manipulation with msconfig/selective startup wherein I have to clear the check on Process SYSTEM.INI File, Process WIN.INI File, Load Startup Items and I disabled all non-Microsoft services as part of "clean boot" required before I installed Logitech Software(SetPoint4.4) for my newly bought mouse&keyboard combo. I have already restored to previous settings in msconfig after succesfully installing the Logitech software...it's just this Spybot's alert which I can't get rid of. I hope you could help me on this. Thanks!

md usa spybot fan
2008-03-09, 19:25
In a multiple users system Windows changes the DefaultUserName in the following registry key when you log off of one account and log onto another (from Meme to Dadi in this case).

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon
As long as both names are actual usernames on the system, particularly the "New data" name, just allow the registry change.

I don't know the intent of having TeaTimer monitor this particular registry key unless it is to alert you that someone else has logged onto the system since your last logon.

cromwell1230
2008-03-09, 21:47
So you're saying I should just check "Remember this decision" whenever I get this alert when I'm logging into the Admin account...accept it as normal and not be bothered by it so much. But I'm just wondering because that alert wasn't there before...I'm not getting it...not until I did some tinkering with msconfig as I've explained in my first post.