PDA

View Full Version : Bad URL Blocker Pop-up window

TMJJS
2008-03-12, 22:38
I'm running the newer version of Spybot, but now every (or everyother) click in my mailbox causes a pop-up window of Spybot - S&D Bad URL Blocker. It seems to be for the samething (TagASauras) everytime and is very annoying. Is there a way for me to turn off the pop-up notification and just have Spybot work without telling me every time I click a button it's blocking something? Or is there a way to get rid of what's it's blocking so it doesn't have to block it every key stroke?

Thanks in advance for any and all help!

honda12
2008-03-12, 22:51
Hi TMJJS,

Firstly, Welcome to the Safer Networking Forums :welcome:

Is there a way for me to turn off the pop-up notification and just have Spybot work without telling me every time I click a button it's blocking something?

To change the bad url blocker settings:

Go into Internet Explorer > Tools > select "Spybot – Search Destroy Configuration". Then in the "Spybot-S&D - Configuration" window in the "Settings" tab under "When encountering bad things" you can select among:

* Block all pages silently
* Display dialog when blocking
* Ask for blocking confirmation

Change the selection from "Display dialog when blocking" to Select "Block all pages silently" (if you want spybot to just bock bad pages without the pop-up)

TMJJS
2008-03-13, 04:27
Thanks for the quick response. I have changed the setting and am looking forward to reading my email in the morning without the pop-up on each one.

Plautia
2008-04-29, 23:08
Hello, This is my first posting to the Spybot forums! I have been using SB-S&D for over a year now, and finally have a question that I just can't figure out. I have been having problems with turning off the Bad URL pop-up window. I've attempted the previous directions, and made it only to here:

Go into Internet Explorer > Tools > select "Spybot – Search Destroy Configuration".

When I click on "Spybot - Search Destroy Configuration", nothing happens. I am running Win 2000, with IE6.

Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated!

--Plautia

honda12
2008-05-28, 12:15
Hello, This is my first posting to the Spybot forums! I have been using SB-S&D for over a year now, and finally have a question that I just can't figure out. I have been having problems with turning off the Bad URL pop-up window. I've attempted the previous directions, and made it only to here:

When I click on "Spybot - Search Destroy Configuration", nothing happens. I am running Win 2000, with IE6.

Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated!

--Plautia

Sorry, for the hugely slooooow response :clown:

Hmm, that is strange...

-The only thing I can think of would be trying to find a 'manage add-ons' option in IE

-Then see if 'Spybot - Search & Destroy Configuration' is disabled. If it is, enable it

-Restart IE, and see if that helps

Unfortunately I cannot give exact directions due to the fact that I use Firefox and have IE7! :FF:

If that does not work, with IE closed, Go to Spybot S&D > Mode > Advanced > Click 'Yes' at the warning > 'Resident' Tab > Uncheck 'Resident "SDHelper" (Internet Explorer bad download blocker active."

Restart Computer

Then re-enable 'Resident "SDHelper" (Internet Explorer bad download blocker active.'

Then go to 'Mode' > default mode

Finally, open up IE and see if you can open up the configuration

FrogMissBeHaven
2008-10-04, 17:02
Hi TMJJS,

Firstly, Welcome to the Safer Networking Forums :welcome:

Go into Internet Explorer > Tools > select "Spybot – Search Destroy Configuration". Then in the "Spybot-S&D - Configuration" window in the "Settings" tab under "When encountering bad things" you can select among:

* Block all pages silently
* Display dialog when blocking
* Ask for blocking confirmation

Change the selection from "Display dialog when blocking" to Select "Block all pages silently" (if you want spybot to just bock bad pages without the pop-up)

How can I turn off this Bad URL Blocker all together. It is blocking pages that I need and want for searches and Snopes, as well as game pages and my own HTML pages. It is a bad place to put it in IE Tools and should be mentioned in the Spybot-S&D Settings program itself.

Thanks for any help.
Millie aka FrogMissBeHaven

md usa spybot fan
2008-10-04, 17:07
FrogMissBeHaven (Millie):

How can I turn off this Bad URL Blocker all together. ...
The feature is Spybot's "SDHelper":
You can disable Spybot's "SDHelper" as follows:
Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced Mode > Tools > Resident.
Uncheck the following: Resident "SDHelper" (Internet Explorer bad download blocker) active..
Exit Internet Explorer and restart it.

FrogMissBeHaven
2008-10-04, 17:50
Thanks for your help. I wish that came up in the program Help search but it didn't. It is so easy once you understand where to change it.

Thanks so much for your help.

Millie:clown:

marilou
2009-04-08, 17:49
Hi there.

Today (08.04.09) I upgraded Spybot from the 1.52 v to the 1.62 version in order to get rid of the virtumonde allert that appeared after every scan.

Luckily it resulted! However now some pages I used to visit I can't open anymore; or they arent available or the bad url blocker appears and I can only activate the option 'ignore'! The option 'allow' cant be activated. Please tell me how I can correct this situation.

Many thanks for your help,
regards.

md usa spybot fan
2009-04-08, 18:08
marilou:

To stop "SDHelper" from blocking URLs, go into Internet Explorer > Tools > select "Spybot – Search Destroy Configuration" > then in the "Spybot-S&D - Configuration" window in the "Settings" tab under "When encountering bad things" there are three options:

Block all pages silently
Display dialog when blocking
Ask for blocking confirmation
Select "Ask for blocking confirmation" and click "OK".