PDA

View Full Version : Color change - left column

bobnrobin
2008-03-14, 13:48
Downloaded 1.5.2, set it to SpyBot Original Skin, all was well. Couple days ago, suddenly the left column has gone totally white - no background color behind Spybot, Settings, Tools, etc., etc.. Anyone know how to get the normal color back to that column ? What to look for and where ? Thanks loads for any suggestions.
bobnrobin

honda12
2008-03-14, 22:31
Hi bobnrobin,

I have no idea how that could have happened but how about changing the skin to a different one, then switching back to the original skin? It might be worth a try! :laugh:

1. Go to 'Mode' then 'Advanced Mode' (click 'yes' on the warning)
2. Go to 'Settings' then 'Skins'
3. Change the skin to a different one (e.g. Peace)
4. Click 'apply'
5. Switch back to the 'Spybot-S&D original' skin

--------------------------------------------------------

If that does not help, you could try using a different skin:
http://www.spybot.info/en/skins/index.html

or

If you are feeling creative you could create your own skin!
http://www.safer-networking.org/files/spybotsd.skinner.zip

Hope that helps!

honda :)

bobnrobin
2008-03-15, 14:50
Hi bobnrobin,

I have no idea how that could have happened but how about changing the skin to a different one, then switching back to the original skin? It might be worth a try! :laugh:

1. Go to 'Mode' then 'Advanced Mode' (click 'yes' on the warning)
2. Go to 'Settings' then 'Skins'
3. Change the skin to a different one (e.g. Peace)
4. Click 'apply'
5. Switch back to the 'Spybot-S&D original' skin

--------------------------------------------------------

If that does not help, you could try using a different skin:
http://www.spybot.info/en/skins/index.html

or

If you are feeling creative you could create your own skin!
http://www.safer-networking.org/files/spybotsd.skinner.zip

Hope that helps!

honda :)

Thanks much. Honda12 for taking the time to reply. Had not thought to check the skins folder - went there and for some strange reason it appears as tho' the file for the Original Skin is missing and it reverted to the one for Color Blind (this must have downloaded with 1..5.2 as I had never had that before). Followed your link and found a couple of skins I liked... Thanks. But, any idea where one can get the file for the Original skin ? Just so strange... was OK fine for several days and then just disappeared...
Thanks again.
bobnrobin

honda12
2008-03-16, 10:25
Well, I checked the skin folder aswell, only to find no original skin (even with my folder settings set to show hidden files etc), so that leaves me to conclude that the skin is hidden somewhere else

For now I would carry on using one of your preferred skins, I'm still not sure how Spybot could do something like that! :spider:

Maybe a member of team Spybot could come and look at this!

honda :rolleyes:

bobnrobin
2008-03-16, 15:12
Well, I checked the skin folder aswell, only to find no original skin (even with my folder settings set to show hidden files etc), so that leaves me to conclude that the skin is hidden somewhere else

For now I would carry on using one of your preferred skins, I'm still not sure how Spybot could do something like that! :spider:

Maybe a member of team Spybot could come and look at this!

honda :rolleyes:

Mornin', Honda12.... Wonder how to catch the eye of one of the Team members on this so they might come look..

I, also looked thru all the SpyBot folders. Couldn't find it, but strange thing is, it's still listed under Settings-skins as one of the options, but applying it only brings up the colorblind skin. "Original" has been the skin I've used for all versions of Spybot that I've had for several years now - used to it - "what spybot is 'sposed to look like" - guess you might say....
Ah, well, not like feet are set in concrete here or anything, just Where the heck did it go ??
Thanks again, much appreciate your help.
bobnrobin

Greyfox
2008-03-17, 14:52
Bobnrobin & Honda12

I also had a look in c:\Program files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\skins and all I found even with hidden & system files not hidden was Colorblind.ini. In Spybot->settings->skins the options in the pull down menu were "Spybot-S&D Original" and Colorblind. I tried using colorblind but to be honest it didn't seem to be any different to the normal one, so for a test I downloaded the Georgia skin. The zipfile contained Georgia.ini and Georgia.jpg which I placed in the skins folder as per the instruction in the web site. I then selected Georgia and Applied it - the color scheme changed. After a reboot it was still the Georgia skin, so I then selected Spybot-S&D Original and again applied it. The skin is now back to normal and has stayed that way through a reboot. Hope it continues to do so.

So I suspect the "Spybot-S&D Original skin" is default settings within the program code, rather than a seperate skin file as such.

I still don't know why selecting "Spybot-S&D Original" doesn't return yours back to the normal color scheme. Perhaps it would be worth reinstalling Spybot

My system is XP-Home, SP2, all updates. Spybot 1.5.2.20
teatimer and browser helper enabled. Browser is IE 7. Nvidia Geforce 7300 video card.

bobnrobin
2008-03-19, 13:47
Bobnrobin & Honda12

I also had a look in c:\Program files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\skins and all I found even with hidden & system files not hidden was Colorblind.ini. In Spybot->settings->skins the options in the pull down menu were "Spybot-S&D Original" and Colorblind. I tried using colorblind but to be honest it didn't seem to be any different to the normal one, so for a test I downloaded the Georgia skin. The zipfile contained Georgia.ini and Georgia.jpg which I placed in the skins folder as per the instruction in the web site. I then selected Georgia and Applied it - the color scheme changed. After a reboot it was still the Georgia skin, so I then selected Spybot-S&D Original and again applied it. The skin is now back to normal and has stayed that way through a reboot. Hope it continues to do so.

So I suspect the "Spybot-S&D Original skin" is default settings within the program code, rather than a seperate skin file as such.

I still don't know why selecting "Spybot-S&D Original" doesn't return yours back to the normal color scheme. Perhaps it would be worth reinstalling Spybot

My system is XP-Home, SP2, all updates. Spybot 1.5.2.20
teatimer and browser helper enabled. Browser is IE 7. Nvidia Geforce 7300 video card.

Thanks, Greyfox, for taking the time to reply. My set up is similar to yours - except that I use MSN Explorer, IE6 and my Nvidia card is a GeForce 3 Ti500 - old - on dialup.
With dialup, you can imagine that I really do not want to have to re-DL and re-install !! In the past, mine had always shown Original, Italia, Peace in the Settings-skins list. I tried setting it to ome of the new ones DL'd and then back, but for me it still will not revert to the original. It works and so I'll just deal with it until it maybe fixes itself:). Not worth the hassle to reDL and reinstall... Very curious, tho.....
Thanks again.