PDA

View Full Version : Looking for help, please :)

kevinrl
2008-03-17, 22:52
My computer has started acting weird today. Whenever I have an application opened up full screen, I cant click on the furthest left menu items (File, Edit or View). Whenever I go to click File, for instance, the top bar turns light blue as if another program is now in the forefront. The only way to access these menus (no matter what program it is) is to click the button directly to the left of the upper rightmost 'X" - ie. the Restore button. When I do this, the application is no longer occupying the left side of the screen and I can click on those menu items. Aside from that, I can use the Alt+F, Alt+E, etc to access those menus. Very odd behavior indeed.

I assume it is some sort of Virus, even though both AVG and Spybot report nothing wrong (Keprsky did find 1 Virus however!!!). Anyway, I have AVG 7.5 Free and Spybot 1.52. I run Tea Timer as well and am baffled as to how this could have happened.

I have followed the instrustions in the sticky about generating a HJT and Kepersky logs and am ready to post those as soon as someone here offers to help. In the meantime, I'm not using that computer.

I'll keep an eye out for responses to this post and thank you in advance for any assistance that any of you may be able to provide.

Cheers,
Kevin

kevinrl
2008-03-18, 09:22
Further information: Kapersky found "Trojan.Win32.Delf.bhp" running from "C:Outlook Express\svchost.exe"

The odd thing is that, in Windows Explorer, when I go to the "c:\Outlook Express" folder, I do not see any file named "svchost.exe" there (even if "View Hidden Files" is checked in Tools>Folder Options>View).

When I CTRL+ALT+Delete, there are 5 instances of svchost.exe running! I have no way of knowing which one is the bad one though!

I'm still waiting for a reply from anyone here. Perhaps I misunderstood and I should have just posted my logs without first waiting for a reply? That seems to be what everyone else is doing here.

I just want to learn how to