PDA

View Full Version : Change of Registry Entry - Access or Deny

tsuimelody
2008-03-18, 03:17
I am new to this forum. I am using Window ME with Internet Explorer 6.0 Service Pack 1.

I have used Spybot Search & Destroy for over 2 years now but have never faced any problems or queries. However, I have been prompted with the following message every time I reboot my computer or turn on my computer, for almost 2 weeks now:

"Spybot Search & Destroy has detected an important registry entry that has been changed.

Category: System Setup Global entry
Change: Value deleted
Entry: wextract_cleanup0
Old Data: rundll32.exe.C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\advpac

Allow Change or Deny Change"

The only thing that I have done in the past week was to download Internet Explorer 6.0 Service Pack 1 once again from Microsoft. I am not sure if this has caused the above to appear.

As this doesn't mean a clue to me at all, I have been manually closing this message box whenever it appeared. Any advice on this and on whether I should choose "accept" or "deny" would be appreciated.

Also, I am using the AVG Free Antivirus software. It stated that the boot sector has been changed. From reading this forum, is the immunization from Spybot Search & Destroy causing this result too?

Thanks.

md usa spybot fan
2008-03-18, 07:25
Allow the change. The runonce startup entry for cleanup after the Internet Explorer update is being deleted and by closing the dialog you are denying the change.

tsuimelody
2008-03-19, 01:42
To: md usa spybot fan

Thanks for your advice. I already accepted the change.

Have a good day!