PDA

View Full Version : System locks up when I try to update

rainman676
2008-03-18, 15:49
When I try to update on spybot 1.5.2, the system locks up and I receive the message "operation could not be performed because the system is out of resources, close some windows and try again" I use windows 98 and I`m on the mozilla firefox browser. I`m stumped as to what to do.....

2008-03-18, 17:07
some mixed reports from other users from threads about the new program version causing conflicts on windows 98. That message however, sounds like you do not have enough ram to power the applications. Read the system requirements for spybot. Try closing all programs and only run spybot, does that help? Is your firewall blocking spybot from accessing the Internet? Double check these things. Another thing to try would be to completaly uninstall and reinstall the newest spybot program.

If none of these work, ether roll back to an older version of spybot found here:

http://www.oldversion.com/program.php?n=spybot

Or please wait for a team member to assist you. Thank you. :)

chuckleberry
2008-03-18, 20:40
Hi,

I run Windows ME and my system also locks up when attempting to update. I get the error message "sdupdate has caused an error in <unknown>" followed by the following message "Exception EInvalid Cast in module SDUPDATE.EXE at 0071FE3. Invalid class typecast". Followed by a complete lockup of my system requiring a reboot.

What do the messages mean ? Do I also need to go back to a previous version ?

2008-03-18, 23:25
Hi,

I run Windows ME and my system also locks up when attempting to update. I get the error message "sdupdate has caused an error in <unknown>" followed by the following message "Exception EInvalid Cast in module SDUPDATE.EXE at 0071FE3. Invalid class typecast". Followed by a complete lockup of my system requiring a reboot.

What do the messages mean ? Do I also need to go back to a previous version ?

please try my suggestions stated above, some of them may work for your problem. :) let me know! :)