PDA

View Full Version : Slow Internet After Braviax Virus

harold711
2008-03-19, 03:24
Hey everyone,
Here's my prob: I just had a whopper of a virus that I cleaned out of my desktop comp (it was the "braviax" virus--had to use Combofix and about 4 other AV software to flush it out) The big stuff is finally gone but now my internet connection, which is run by an ethernet cable the provider being SBC, is slow as heck. I used WinsockxpFix and LSPFix and still nothing. As soon as the comp logs on to the net, I have about a minute of the old time connection speed.

Now, I ran PCPitstop Exterminate and the following entries came up:
WhenU SaveNow (Malware) 4 threats
ProcKill (Misc Tool) 1 threat

I've ran SpyBot Search and Destroy and the one virus entry that keeps coming up is Win32.tiny.abk and the file is:
WINDOWS/TEMP/7CF28762C38CA0D4.TMP
WINDOWS/TEMP/AE8AB41F91F72503.TMP

For some reason SpyBot won't delete this permanently, even when TeaTimer and the 'Help' options are unchecked.

I ran AVG, but that scan comes up clean for some reason..

Another scan, SpyHunter, gave 2 entries for NetPumper which I had to delete manually since that program is not freeware.

Recently, I ran a couple more scans and TEMP Windows folder hasn't appeared again but my internet is still slow...is this because of using ComboFix or because of the lurking malware?

Also, my HJT log is clean (I only have a few entires in there so there's nothing to see) My Kaspersky scan also cam up clean (with some locked objects mostly from the System32 folder and .log files)

I'd greatly appreciate some help on this.