PDA

View Full Version : Spybot Causes BSOD in Vista?

jangell2
2008-03-20, 21:02
I just got a new Dell XPS 420 with Vista Home Premium. I downloaded and installed the current Spybot. I also installed other programs. Then it started getting the BSOD when the pc went into sleep mode and was brought out of it. It would return to the desktop and 30-60 seconds later, BSOD.

I've been debugging with dell, the code indicated it was the network adapter, ran diagnostics and no problem was detected. This morning I did the restore Dell image which reformatted my hard drive and installed Vista from scratch. As soon as Vista was up, I put it into sleep mode, no problem. I then installed an old program, Ziff Davis Password Pro, put it into sleep mode and still no problem.

I then installed spybot, immunized as admin, put it into sleep mode, and kaboom, BSOD. I don't link to point a finger, but the only thing that changed after the password program was installing Spybot.

I've not seen any mention of this on the forums. Any ideas? I'm going to try uninstalling Spybot and see if the problem goes away.

jangell2
2008-03-20, 21:11
I just unstalled Spybot, rebooted, put the computer into sleep mode, brought it out of sleep mode, and no problem. This computer has a problem with sleep mode and spybot?

Any ideas, please? I really do want to use Spybot.

jangell2
2008-03-20, 23:35
I apologize, I was wrong. It's not spybot, or at least not just spybot. After uninstalling spybot, the problem did go away, then I installed Office 2003 and the bsod came back.

This is some sort of Dell computer problem or Vista issue.