PDA

View Full Version : msnMessenger and McAFEE

Pijuvwy
2006-02-23, 05:07
22/02/2006 5:51:20 PM Denied value "MsnMsgr" (new data: "") deleted in System Startup user entry!
22/02/2006 9:13:16 PM Denied value "MCUpdateExe" (new data: "c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcupdate.exe") changed in System Startup global entry!
23/02/2006 9:46:54 AM Denied value "MCUpdateExe" (new data: "c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcupdate.exe") changed in System

These problems popped up (literally!). The msn was, I think, because I changed msn startup preferences. The McAfee is to do with automatic updates.

OK, so I could just click on Permit, and away I go! Right?

WRONG!!!!!

Because the TeaTimer popup has NO BUTTON LABELS that people can see, because it NEEDS TO BE FIXED and the developers are NOT DOING IT!

So Iclicked on some button, just to make the damn message go away. I don't know if I allowed the items, or blocked them...

md usa spybot fan
2006-02-23, 07:37
To disable TeaTimer:
Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced Mode > Tools > Resident.
Uncheck the following:Resident "TeaTimer" (Protection of over-all system settings) Active.

You can answer TeaTimer's popup dialog (English language version) by pressing "A" on your keyboard for "Allow change" or "D" for "Deny change". If you close the dialog without answering "Allow change" or "Deny change" the registry change is denied. The "Remember this decision" option is visable and works properly.

You could also apply one of the workarounds in the thread that you posted in before starting this thread.