PDA

View Full Version : Spybot will not remove Win32BHO.je

NoSweatMan
2008-03-26, 02:12
Running Spybot 1.5.2
XP Professional 5.1.2600 SP 2 Build 2600

Spybot identifyed Win32BHO.je as a Malware threat,
identifiedon the Search & Distroy results with register key as (SBI $426E0B56) Browser helper object
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Exployer\Browser Helper Objects\{DF47DD37-4A93-8E. . .

When I tried fix (remove) it, I get a warning that states . . .
"some problems couldn't be fixed; the reason could be that the associated files are still in use (in memory). This could be fixed after a restart.
May Spybot-S&D run on your next system restart?"

I tried that option, but it appears to be cyclical with the same results.

I tried to log the error, but I got an error "Invalid argument to date encode". I couldn't even cut & paste the information.

I looked at Spybot Tools & it appears that one of the BHO's "e404 helper" has the same CLSID.

I tried running Kaspersky, but Windows crashes with a blue screen before it get very far in the scan.
Because of this, I thought attempting hijack might be a waste of time.

Windowss also crashes when I try to run Norton Security Scan and also when I try to launch FireFox. iexplorer seemed to function properly, after I unchecked the Internet Advanced browser Option "Enable third-party browser extensions"

The only other information I can give you is that I do see a
c:\Program Files\Helper directory, but i cannot delete it.

I hope this helps.

If I need to provide more information, just let me know.

Any help would be appreciated.

Shaba
2008-03-28, 10:10
Hi NoSweatMan

Click here (http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en-US/threat_analytics/HJTInstall.exe) to download HJTInstall.exe
Save HJTInstall.exe to your desktop.
Doubleclick on the HJTInstall.exe icon on your desktop.
By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis .
Click on Install.
It will create a HijackThis icon on the desktop.
Once installed, it will launch Hijackthis.
Click on the Do a system scan and save a logfile button. It will scan and the log should open in notepad.
Click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" to copy the entire contents of the log.
Come back here to this thread and Paste the log in your next reply.
DO NOT use the AnalyseThis button, its findings are dangerous if misinterpreted.
DO NOT have Hijackthis fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

NoSweatMan
2008-03-28, 13:57
Hi Shaba,

I'm sorry but I just couldn't wait for a reply, so since I needed my computer I reformated & reloaded XP.

Through this process I have learn a great deal by reading this form.

Thank you so much for your reply.

Shaba
2008-04-02, 11:41
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad I could help.

Note: If it has been five days or more since your last post, and the helper assisting you posted a response to that post to which you did not reply, your topic will not be reopened. At that point, if you still require help, please start a new topic and include a fresh HijackThis log and a link to your previous thread.

If it has been less than five days since your last response and you need the thread re-opened, please send me or your helper a private message (pm). A valid, working link to the closed topic is required.