PDA

View Full Version : Registry changes

Elaine
2006-02-23, 13:27
System XP Home Addition

Spybot - Search & Destroy version: 1.4 (build: 20050523)

Spy bot has detected that I have changed the firewall setting

Windows Security Center.FirewallOverride: Settings HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\FirewallOverride!=dword:0

I right clicked on the entry to tell it to exclude this detection from the scan
But the exclude this detection from the scan is greyed out as so, is most of that drop down list.:scratch:

How can I get spy bot to allow me when I have right clicked to choose those options?.

At the moment I have gone into advance settings and on the ignore products I have place a check mark in the box next to Windows Security Center.FirewallOverride hopefully I have done that right.

Tia

Elaine

spybotsandra
2006-02-23, 13:40
Hello,

After a scan with Spybot

* Expand the detection if necessary (+ to the left of the detection).
* Select the item (entry) that you want to exclude by left clicking on it to highlight it.
* Then right click on highlighted detection.
* Select from the list of options in the menu.

If you would like to do it this way Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced mode > Settings > Ignore products > Security tab and check the items there. Make sure you are checking the correct items, don't check all of them You can drag the PRODUCT section to ensure you see the full path.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

Elaine
2006-02-23, 14:51
spybotsandra says

Hello,

After a scan with Spybot

* Expand the detection if necessary (+ to the left of the detection).
* Select the item (entry) that you want to exclude by left clicking on it to highlight it.
* Then right click on highlighted detection.
* Select from the list of options in the menu.

That is what I did and as I said in my post when I right clicked on the entry to tell it to exclude this detection from the scan.....
The exclude this detection from the scan is greyed out as so, as is most of that drop down list

If you would like to do it this way Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced mode > Settings > Ignore products > Security tab and check the items there. Make sure you are checking the correct items, don't check all of them You can drag the PRODUCT section to ensure you see the full path.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

As I said, At the moment I have gone into advance settings and on the ignore products I have place a check mark in the box next to Windows Security Center.FirewallOverride
Done the way you said.

What I wanted to know was How can I get spy bot to allow me when I have right clicked to choose those options?.

Or is it a bug

Elaine

md usa spybot fan
2006-02-23, 15:10
Expand the item so that it shows the detail entry. You must then left click on that detail entry to highlight the detection. Then right click on the highlighted detection.

Elaine
2006-02-23, 15:58
Expand the item so that it shows the detail entry. You must then left click on that detail entry to highlight the detection. Then right click on the highlighted detection.

I have seemed to not made my self clear in my last posts
I have expanded, hightlighted and right clicked on the detailed entry and the option to exclude is grayed out.

I have used Spybot for 2 years on my own PC that has WinXPpro and have not had the same problem when telling it to exclude.

It on the System XP Home Addition that it has a problem.

Elaine

md usa spybot fan
2006-02-23, 17:00
I have a XP Home system and it works fine here. See attachment!

Elaine
2006-02-23, 17:56
Right I think I will do the best thing and uninstall that one and download another file thanks for confirming that it should work in XP Home.

Elaine

Elaine
2006-02-23, 18:15
That did it that one down loaded from BN FileForum works a treat

so it looks as if the other one was corrupted

Thanks all

Elaine