PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade to 1.5,what can be removed safely,Plus more?

park39
2008-03-26, 22:01
Hello :greeting:
1) Do I need to upgrade to 1.5? I have 1.4 My assumption is that it's a preference but is it more of a priority to stay with all upgrades offered??

2) I've read everything many times for too many yrs to count about what to remove safely. If all green what do you remove besides cache and cookies?

3) I've run in default and advanced .I usually never see a thing wrong ever in many years but have removed missing DLLS,Paths,etc... IS that safe and where do you find the backups if you need to add them back because something may not work correctly?

4) Adaware is gone for me.No version 7 ever. I would like to ask if someone can offer me a great small download that's a solution like Adaware almost exact. I keep Spybot and i urgently need a Malware program.Adaware after running Spybot would find my critical problems.Not Spybot ever.I don't believe it does the same things.

I am sincerely appreciative ,don't take for granted any help ever and really need it. First with Spybot because i heard changing to version 1.5 is really a mistake especially if no problems now.I would normally update if a new version but look at Adaware.It's gone and that's the majority of people saying that.

I need a suggestion for a Malware program. I've been without one since December. No Windows defender and nothing related to CCleaner. They wont answer me and i cannot register for their forum for a year now. Don't ask because I don't know and I can't deal with no help options.

I am using AVG antivirus free version and Spybot only feeling so un protected it's not funny. Adaware was wonderful and these 2 went together.

I use to until it expired on 3 computers run Norton Security Suite ,Spybot and Adaware .i felt safe,secure and everything I could tell was at least caught. Norton did change with owners and of course is a hog.

I hate AVG free version .

Would I be better off with like Kaspersky the suite and still my Spybot and a Malware again. Or maybe just the spybot and Kaspersky suite because it does remove Malware.

I do have a Malware program I was going to download for sure. I just cannot find where i put it. I sent it to myself in an email. I hope to find it.It sounded like spywareblaster but there are so many that sound the same.

So first of course is I need to know about Spybot. I have read and read .Searched in help for years to just read and get to know and read the forums.but the forums are problems mainly so it pushes me away.

I have asked 4 questions.
This was written easier and better but I don't understand why on this forum and one other forum when i go to make a post I see myself logged in but go to post and I am prompted for user name and password.

So my post is lost............
What am I doing wrong?

I will now copy this because it usually happens 2 times on the other forum I use by the same owner it looks like??

5) So this is my 5th question.....
I don't understand.

It can't time out.
I see my name logged in.
What am I doing wrong ? I never get an answer from the other forum that does the same thing. I have written 3 times but no answer.

I would be extremely appreciative for help with Spybot first and hopefully suggestions about a Malware program and not related to CCleaner. I can't get registered for a year and a half and no reply when i write why. I need somewhere I can get help.

That's why so many questions now.

They did suggest some options on Adaware for 4 other programs but only one maybe interested me.

I need something for 4 Computers.3 at the least and if it's a paid version because better for real ,then it has to be reasonable for 3 computers at least.

Thinking of Kaspersky. I don't like the new Security package for AVG. I'm surprised but it does not cover as much as kaspersky or maybe another.I don't think going back to the Hogs are the best idea like Norton.

3 PC's are XPHome IE6
1/2 PC's Vista Premium IE7 (I wont worry about that yet. This one right now is XP HOME and IE6/Firefox also

No toolbars.

I feel a bit overwhelmed but I think and am hoping I can get answers /help here finally.

They built up by now and I'm not secure.
Adaware use to find any problems and I felt 100xs better.

Thank You In Advance,
Park39 :)

park39
2008-03-26, 22:26
I tried to edit 2 minutes after but it would not let me.

As for recovery I do know where the recovery option is which shows me changes in the registry only. I'm confused because after removing allot February 2006 in advanced mode nothing has ever shown up again and when I run CCleaner so much shows up. I mentioned for some reason I cannot get register for over a year to their site and no answer to why either. No Clue also because I never posted there. I read as much as possible and it took me about a year before I would use it. I deleted most but not uninstallers or a few other things. I saw too many people posting problems after they deleted the uninstallers.

That's enough said.
I still wont be able to express my appreciation and antipation for help with as much as possible.Along with the malware suggestion.

Spybot questions first.

Hoping I can Thank You,
park39

park39
2008-03-27, 00:40
SpywareBlaster

This is the program I was speaking of and from researching it looks good to me. It was my own choice but found it just now mentioned by someone directing people to a malware forum you have here.

That's a great forum. I was impressed and this name was there so I guess I didn't do so bad choosing one on my own to try.

I still need my spybot questions answered and curious if I should go back to a security suite and Kaspersky would be a first choice if user friendly and it's a great program but I've heard not easy to understand.

The only thing I like about the free version of AVG is that every single day you will get updates. Every single day.Ive not gone a day without any. The options in the new paid version 8 does not look extensive to me at all . It does not look worth it to go past the free version.

I miss everything combined and good spam control. Although I don't get spam with my paid ISP.

Maybe I just needed the malware and I'm going to try that one above after someone tells me about the Spybot version and also why I have not found anything wrong or in red since Feb 2006 and I just ran both the Advanced and Default.

That checkbox is empty and not blocking the bad pages either. I never really wanted that.

I usually follow and update everything until Adaware 7 came along and the stories ,maybe rumors about the huge amount of problems with version 1.5 here.....

Awaiting a reply,
park39

P.S Please tell me why I'm logged in and when I go to post I am logged out and the post is gone?? :sad: It did it again but prompted me for user name and pass word ,then showed up. It has not done that with the other posts.