PDA

View Full Version : Need advice on Key Logger Virus/spyware

Maxou
2008-03-27, 02:02
Dear all,

I am a MMORPG player, and 10 days ago, my account on a famous Multiplayer Game was stolen : I was at work and a friend of mine saw me connected in the game, back at home, I tried to connect, but my pass was invalid. I advised the company owner of the game and they closed temporarly my account. Now after 10 days of inquiry they sent me an e-mail with details of reasons why my account was stolen, and its specified "key logger". So they advised me to change all my passes of everything I have (mailbox pass, Internet provider pass etc), and make a scan of my PC with Spybot and few online scanner (like Avast or symantec or kapersky).

In fact the next day my account was stolen, I did a full scan with Spybot, a scan with my avast anti-virus, and a scan with symantec online scan, and nothing was detected... After that, I re-formated the HD of my pc, but before that, I made a back up of the folder where the game was installed (I mean all patches necessary to make the game work, if you don't back up that, there's 8 hours of download after a fresh install of the game), and I re-installed win XP etc... As I am paranoiac now, I re-scanned this folder where the game was with Avast/spybot/etc and no problem.

Now my question is : is it possible that this keyloger virus/spyware persist, and if yes, how to detect it ? I am doing almost every day a spybot scan.

Also, as my account pass was changed by the thieves, is that mean that they have also my internet provider mail box pass ? As to change the pass, it is necessary to tape the answer to a secret question (then they send the new pass on my mailbox...), I am a bit scarred infact maybe they have all my passes and login of everything I own ...

If anyone have any comments or advide about that, many thanks in advance, it will be very helpful.

tashi
2008-03-27, 03:51
Hi there,

Now my question is : is it possible that this keyloger virus/spyware persist, As you reloaded the folder containing the files, yes.

Also, as my account pass was changed by the thieves, is that mean that they have also my internet provider mail box pass ? As to change the pass, it is necessary to tape the answer to a secret question (then they send the new pass on my mailbox...), I am a bit scarred infact maybe they have all my passes and login of everything I own ...
If you had a keylogger they may have all passwords.

Please follow the procedure in this link:
"BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance) (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288)

Then start your own thread in the Malware Removal Forum (http://forums.spybot.info/forumdisplay.php?f=22)

Please let me know when you have done that so I can try to get your topic attended to as soon as possible.

Best regards. :)