PDA

View Full Version : tea timer crash

Davegowan
2008-03-27, 11:19
turned on my pc this morning, and tea timer crashed, the only thing I changed yesterday was allowing quick time to install, uninstalled it and no change, not sure exactly whats causing the problem, I am going to copy the windows error report thingy in case that gives any answers..

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: TeaTimer.exe
Application Version: 1.5.2.16
Application Timestamp: 2a425e19
Fault Module Name: advcheck.dll
Fault Module Version: 1.5.4.5
Fault Module Timestamp: 2a425e19
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0000732c
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 638563869

any help solving this would be much appreciated

Dave

spybotsandra
2008-03-27, 12:16
Hello,

You seem to be using a dated version of Spybot-S&D.
Please download our current version Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.5.2.20.
That should fix it.
You will find links to several download locations for this new version on our web site:
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/mirrors/index.html
Please search for new updates after installing Spybot-S&D 1.5.2.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

Greyfox
2008-03-27, 13:11
Hello,

You seem to be using a dated version of Spybot-S&D.
Please download our current version Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.5.2.20.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

I am confused - The version of Teatimer.exe that I have is 1.5.2.16 which is the same as davegowan has shown in his report and I have what I believe to be the latest 1.5.2.20 release of SpybotSD. Are you saying that Teatimer 1.5.2.16 is not the latest?

PS. The current version of advcheck.dll is 1.5.4.5 or is that also not correct?

md usa spybot fan
2008-03-27, 14:50
Davegowan:
spybotsandra:
Greyfox:

With Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.5.2.20 installed I have the same module versions that Davegowan reported problems with:
Teatimer.exe Version 1.5.2.16
advcheck.dll Version 1.5.4.5

bobnrobin
2008-03-27, 15:51
Davegowan:
spybotsandra:
Greyfox:

With Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.5.2.20 installed I have the same module versions that Davegowan reported problems with:
Teatimer.exe Version 1.5.2.16
advcheck.dll Version 1.5.4.5

Mornin' All:

Reading this thread caused me to look at my SpyBot folder where I found very strange things. Like md fan, I have 1.5.2.20 installed and advcheck.dll is 1.5.4.5, but the only TeaTimer folder is called TeaTimer.exe.bak and is supposedly a BAK file modified 5-31-2005! TeaTimer is supposedly resident and active and Spybot is set for Advanced Mode, although come to think of it, haven't seen the popup saying it's found "new/changes" in a while.
Any help and advice on what I should do would be much appreciated. Thanks.
bobnrobin

md usa spybot fan
2008-03-27, 16:13
bobnrobin:

re: TeaTimer.exe.bak

From the file name (TeaTimer.exe.bak) and the date (5-31-2005) is it possible that you used the ResHacker fix for the button overlay problem in TeaTimer 1.4? If so that may be the backup file for that fix.

re: Not finding TeaTimer.exe

Some of Spybot's executables are hidden as protected operating system files. To see them:
Using Windows Explorer navigate to:
C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy
In the Tools menu select Folder Options…
In the Folder Options dialog select the View tab.
Under the "Hidden files and folders" options:
Make sure "Show hidden files and folders" is selected.
Not "Do not show hidden files and folders".
Uncheck the following option:
Hide protected operating system file (Recommended)
Click the Apply button.
Click the OK button.
The files should now be displayed
Note: If you uncheck the "Hide protected operating system file (Recommended)" option to view Spybot's executables, I suggest that you return the option to its original setting when you are done.

md usa spybot fan
2008-03-27, 16:32
Davegowan:

My apologies for side tracking your issue.

spybotsandra:

It appears to me that Davegowan (http://forums.spybot.info/member.php?u=38230) is running the latest software. I personally can't address Davegowan (http://forums.spybot.info/member.php?u=38230)'s original issue so it remains outstanding:

turned on my pc this morning, and tea timer crashed, the only thing I changed yesterday was allowing quick time to install, uninstalled it and no change, not sure exactly whats causing the problem, I am going to copy the windows error report thingy in case that gives any answers..

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: TeaTimer.exe
Application Version: 1.5.2.16
Application Timestamp: 2a425e19
Fault Module Name: advcheck.dll
Fault Module Version: 1.5.4.5
Fault Module Timestamp: 2a425e19
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0000732c
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 638563869

any help solving this would be much appreciated

Dave

Greyfox
2008-03-28, 08:38
Davegowan,

In lieu of any other solutions, the following might be worth considering.

Un-immunise all item in SpybotSD and then uninstall SpybotSD.

Reboot the computer and then do a new install SpybotSD. Once the installation is complete, go through the update process and then re-immunise. If Spybot was in any way corrupted by the installation of Quicktime then this should resolve your problem.

You didn't mention whether Teatimer kicked in during the installation of Quicktime or whether you denied any changes about this time. If that is the case, the issue may be quite different.

Hope this helps

bobnrobin
2008-03-28, 15:31
bobnrobin:

re: TeaTimer.exe.bak

From the file name (TeaTimer.exe.bak) and the date (5-31-2005) is it possible that you used the ResHacker fix for the button overlay problem in TeaTimer 1.4? If so that may be the backup file for that fix.

re: Not finding TeaTimer.exe

Some of Spybot's executables are hidden as protected operating system files. To see them:
Using Windows Explorer navigate to:
C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy
In the Tools menu select Folder Options…
In the Folder Options dialog select the View tab.
Under the "Hidden files and folders" options:
Make sure "Show hidden files and folders" is selected.
Not "Do not show hidden files and folders".
Uncheck the following option:
Hide protected operating system file (Recommended)
Click the Apply button.
Click the OK button.
The files should now be displayed
Note: If you uncheck the "Hide protected operating system file (Recommended)" option to view Spybot's executables, I suggest that you return the option to its original setting when you are done.

Thanks, md SB fan, for taking the time to reply.

First apologies to davegowan and the rest for joining his thread with a different TT question and no help for his problem. Sorry, wasn't cool.

RE: TTBAK - Yes, I did, but the last time was in 08-07, after a new HD was installed and then EveryThing else - but, likely before I DL'd 1.5.2 ver. Thanks for the 'splain.

RE: Can't find TT.exe - Always keep hidden files/folders visible. Of course not the System ones - When I "unhid" those, TT is there in the proper ver.. Somehow, didn't occur to look there/deeper. Was beginning to think NAV really was jinxing TT - it's log viewer always calls TT "unauthorized access" and says it stops it...

Thanks, again. Do appreciate your time.
bobnrobin

Davegowan
2008-04-01, 18:45
I installed new version, and it seems to work ok now, was just a bit worried when it died, kinda depend on teatimer as part of my system protection.

it crashing on startup kinda looked a bit iffy at the time, still not sure why it did, but the newer version is working fine now.

thanks for the help
Dave