PDA

View Full Version : Error During Check

ktoliver
2008-03-27, 14:44
I cannot get through a scan with Spybot on my wife's computer. It gives me multiple "Error during check" messages which included the following data:
ourxin.A (9) (Access violation at address 0061EE86 in module SpybotSD...
The "ourxin.A" file is different when I run scans again, it comes up with various files but always the same access violation
HELP!
BTW, I also cannot get AdAware to complete :sad:a scan at all.

spybotsandra
2008-03-27, 14:48
Hello,

We need some more information.
Which version of Spybot-S&D are you running?
Do you have the latest updates installed?
Which operating system (Windows) are you running?

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

ktoliver
2008-03-28, 01:57
The version is 1.5.2 and has all the latest updates as of yesterday. Operating system is Windows XP.

ktoliver
2008-03-28, 14:42
Sorry, some additional info; I am running Windows XP Professional SP2 on the problem machine.

The Spybot version is 1.5.2.20 and the latest update is 3/26/08.

bgut3jr
2008-03-31, 21:03
My address is different "006108C8" but same results. Also it takes SpyBot about 5 -10 minutes to actually start and then it runs about 45 minutes. With the previous release the time was about 20 minutes total. I downloaded new and updates today so I am current. Running WIN XP with all updates.

ktoliver
2008-04-01, 03:10
Looks like it was a heat problem.:oops:

In reading some of the threads, it was noted that the scanning process can put quite a load on the system (translated - HEAT). Several people found that vacuuming out their vents and fans took care of this sort of problem.

I did notice that my wifes machine smelled a bit hot, so I did vacuum out the vents and fans. Guess what, no problems scanning through both Spybot and AdAware the next time.

Try cleaning all the dust out of the system, or open the side of your case if it is in an enclosed area, then give it another shot. I must say, though, I never had these issues with previous versions.

I guess Spybot is working harder than ever. Perhaps the code is overtaxing the CPU unecessarily?:flame:

chi-va
2008-04-01, 12:42
Could be possible. If the hardware is getting to hot it could cause memory errors. AdAware seems to have the same problem.