PDA

View Full Version : Need Help w/new Immunization interface

ASuperNova
2008-03-27, 14:56
Good Morning,

I've used Spybot for several years now and am stumped by the new immunize interface. I'm not sure how to proceed with it. I've attached a screenshot so you can see what I'm talking about.

First I do want to mention that I've spent quite a bit of time searching the forums. If there's someplace I can go to read an explanation in depth on this, I'll be happy to do that rather than wasting anyone's time. I couldn't find anything, however.

Re: the screenshot, are the checked items things that are excluded/protected and not being removed?

If so, how do I get detailed information on the items so I can decide if I want them to be removed or not?

Any help would be appreciated :red:
Thanks.

spybotsandra
2008-03-27, 15:02
Hello,

Which version of Spybot do you run?

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

ASuperNova
2008-03-27, 15:17
I'm sorry. I should have included that.

I'm running 1.5.2.

Thanks

spybotsandra
2008-03-27, 15:31
Hello,

If you are not immunizing with full administrator rights, Spybot-S&D might not have enough permissions to fully immunize all user accounts.

If you are using Windows Vista, you should also read this FAQ entry about getting Administrator rights under Vista: www.safer-networking.org/en/faq/42.html

You can also try to "Undo" the Immunisation. Now the bad products are allowed.
Then "Immunize" again. This should solve the problem.

Another thing though is that immunization only works properly while your browser is closed, since otherwise your browser will overwrite immunization from time to time from the settings it loaded when it was started.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

ASuperNova
2008-03-27, 20:10
Spybotsandra,

Thanks for your help!

Unfortunately, I'm still confused on what is happening when I immunize.

Are the items showing in the screenshot I attached items that are not removed by Spybot? If so, I need to know where I can get additional information on them so I know if I do want them removed or not.
Also, where in Spybot are the controls that decide which items are checked or not checked?

Thanks, again!

spybotsandra
2008-03-28, 10:01
Hello,

The immunization does not show items that need to be removed or that are on your pc. It shows the items that are blocked, so the baddies won't get into your system. It is a realtime protection.

You find the baddies on your pc (if you have some) when you make a scan with Spybot. On our homepage you will find a tutorial that should guide you in using Spybot - Search & Destroy.
It shows you the first steps you have to do to remove spyware and other kinds of malware from your computer, using Spybot-Search & Destroy.
This is the link:
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/tutorial/index.html

You will also find a detailed tutorial here on how to use Spybot - Search & Destroy to remove spyware from your computer:
Spybot Tutorial (http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial43.html)

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot