PDA

View Full Version : Completely lost :(

dimeasiafine
2008-03-28, 06:36
Hello, this is my first post on the forums and I usually try to say hello before I rush in with "please help me" but unfortunately my problem is so great I can barely access the internet safely anymore.

I somehow got a trojan called virtumonde on my computer. after using several anti-spyware programs and pulling my hair out following norton antivirus (i know! they're so horrible!) advice, I broke down and asked a computer savvy friend what I should do. He suggested I download spybot search and destroy and I did:)

Needless to say, spybot found the problem. I have used the "fix selected problem" a few times but it has not removed the virtumonde from my computer. I moused over it and it said that I had to reboot. After rebooting and scanning again it said I should come here on the forums for help.

I am sorry if this post is long or I did not post a log file I don't know how to do that I'm not computer literate ...that much. if anyone could give me some steps to take to remove this that would be great :) I really have no idea :(

tashi
2008-03-28, 06:44
Hello.

Please see the stickied procedure for this forum: "BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance) (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288)

Then start a new topic and I will close this one as helpers look for zero response.

Cheers. :)