PDA

View Full Version : Windows XP Start Up Changes denied

vpaxx
2006-02-23, 19:15
I am trying to delete some entries in the start up list in MSCONFIG . I keep on getting pop up windows "registry change denied..." "resident denied..." . None of the items are removed from start up .

I found this text in another thread :

"Right click on the TeaTimer system tray icon and select "Settings". This will bring up TeaTimer's "White & Black List". There are four (4) Buttons across the top of the "White & Black List":
Allowed processes
Blocked processes
Allowed registry changes
Blocked registry changes

If you don't see all four buttons, try expanding the window to the right.

You can review all the entries that you have stored by clicking on these buttons."

I did all of this and NONE of the 4 buttons have ANYTHING listed under them . NO entries at all . blank

How do I get SpyBot to allow these changes .

Thank you .

MacSurf
2006-02-24, 12:28
see this following threat to solve the problem: ;) http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=122

vpaxx
2006-02-26, 20:48
alpha24:

If TeaTimer is no longer working, the only thing that I can suggest is that you reinstall Spybot 1.4 so that you have a working copy of TeaTimer.exe.

Please note: I suggest that you make a backup copy of TeaTimer.exe before attempting any of the fixes/patches.

If you were attempting to use murdo's "&D14 GUI Patch.zip" patch when you got the following error, it could have been because TeaTimer was still running:
"TeaTlmer.exe - File not found, or File access error!"
Before attempting to fix TeaTimer you must exit TeaTimer as follows:
Right click Spybot's TeaTimer System Tray Icon.
Click Exit Spybot-S&D Resident (TeaTimer should close).
To restart TeaTimer:
Using Windows Explorer, navigate to C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy.
Double click TeaTimer.exe to start it.

There is also a one byte patch that appears to work. It was originally posted Sept. 28, 2005 by SyreneD in the net-integration forum:
http://net-integration.us/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=31466&view=findpost&p=160216

Unfortunately the link to the patch itself in the above post is broken so I have attached a copy of that patch to this post.

ResHak didn't seem to be opening right for me but this attachment , in message 38 of the top "sticky" thread , did it all . Thanks for your efforts , My computer is running much faster now that I have removed needless programs running in the Background.<P>