PDA

View Full Version : Tis my computor why can't I be Admin?

Kate48
2008-03-29, 01:28
Hi, I am a newbie in very sense of the cyber word.:greeting:

I went into the Immunize and found I had lots of unprotected stuff. So I clicked on and it said that it could only deal with some of them as I wasn't the admin. So I followed the help guide and right clicked on Spybot but no 'Run as Admin' is on there.
It's my laptop, no-one else has access to it so why can't I see that choice on there please.

Thanking you in anticipation of a solution.
:bigthumb:

Zenobia
2008-03-29, 01:50
Do you have Vista?

Kate48
2008-03-29, 08:55
Yes I have Vista.

spybotsandra
2008-03-29, 16:04
Hello,

Windows Vista might tell you that you are not being allowed to operate at the administration level of your computer.
You can solve this problem as follows:
Right-click the Spybot - Search & Destroy entry in your start menu,
instead of just left-clicking to start it.
Then, choose Run as administrator from the context menu.
You will find a screenshot of this problem in our FAQ:
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/faq/42.html

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

Kate48
2008-03-29, 20:16
When I right click there is no option to 'run as admin' - it is not on the list. That is what I cannot understand.

My name on my computor is Kathy. when I downloaded spybot I did it from here where my user name is Kate48. would that have anythi ng to do with the 'run as admin' not showing?

Kate48
2008-03-29, 20:24
I just tried again and nothing but then instead of clicking on Spybot on my start menu I right clicked on the desktop icon and it worked.
I am sorry for taking up your time - you will have realised by now what a dope I am.

Thank you.

Zenobia
2008-03-30, 03:56
Hey,everybody is a cyber newbie at one time or another.Glad you got it. :)
When rightclicking Spybot in the start menu,you may have been rightclicking the Spybot-Search & Destroy with the folder icon,and that may have been why Run As Administrator wasn`t there.From the start menu,you need to leftclick it once,then rightclick the Spybot-Search & Destroy with the icon beside it.