PDA

View Full Version : Moe

lmjphoto
2008-03-29, 02:23
Never used a forum before so I am not sure what I should do here. Somehow, while using the computer it got infected with a malware that keeps giving me pop-ups (one red and one blue) saying my computer is infected and takes me to a site that does malware software removal evaluations. A little yellow triangle shows up with my other icons in the tool bar and pops up and says the same thing. I also had (but is gone now as a result after running Smitfraud remover by S!R!.URZ) had a blue screen that changed my wallpaper and gave me a message saying that I was infected and needed to perform a complete scan. I have Symantec Corporate AntiVirus and run Spybot Search and Destroy all the time. This just happened recently (maybe 2-3 days ago). I ran Symantec atleast twice, Spybot 3 or 4 times and also Trend Micro Housecall 3 or 4 times and still am having problems. I have followed the directions on your " Before you post" and have the two logs but they exceed the number of characters allowed so I eliminated any spaces I could:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
KASPERSKY ONLINE SCANNER REPORT
Friday, March 28, 2008 2:08:26 PM
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Kaspersky Online Scanner version: 5.0.98.0
Kaspersky Anti-Virus database last update: 28/03/2008
Kaspersky Anti-Virus database records: 668879
Scan Settings:
Scan using the following antivirus database: extended
Scan Archives: true
Scan Mail Bases: true
Scan Target - My Computer:
C:\ D:\ E:\ F:\
Scan Statistics:
Total number of scanned objects: 145373
Number of viruses found: 10
Number of infected objects: 27
Number of suspicious objects: 0
Duration of the scan process: 02:44:50

Infected Object Name / Virus Name / Last Action
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\NTUSER.DAT Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\ntuser.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\administrator.LMJPHOTO\NTUSER.DAT Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\administrator.LMJPHOTO\ntuser.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sony Corporation\ SonicStage\Packages\MtData.ldb Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sony Corporation\ SonicStage\Packages\MtData.mdb Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sony Corporation\VAIO Entertainment Platform\1.0\VzCdb\MtData.ldb Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sony Corporation\VAIO Entertainment Platform\1.0\VzCdb\MtData.mdb Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Common Client\settings.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\Quarantine\0D700000.VBN Infected: Trojan-Downloader.JS.Agent.et skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\NTUSER.DAT Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\NTUSER.DAT.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users.WINXP\Application Data\Microsoft\Crypto\ RSA\MachineKeys\7a83e29f55d612fa72368812f2dd9ad0_bd5b096d-f722-4f03-933d-307eca40b83f Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users.WINXP\Application Data\Microsoft\Dr Watson\ user.dmp Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users.WINXP\ntuser.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users.WINXP\ntuser.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Larry\.housecall6.6\Quarantine\748d8a81-33a01b12.bac_a03868/BaaaaBaa.class Infected: Trojan.Java.ClassLoader.ao skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Larry\.housecall6.6\Quarantine\748d8a81-33a01b12.bac_a03868/VaaaaaaaBaa.class Infected: Trojan.Java.ClassLoader.ao skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Larry\.housecall6.6\Quarantine\748d8a81-33a01b12.bac_a03868/Baaaaa.class Infected: Trojan.Java.ClassLoader.ao skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Larry\.housecall6.6\Quarantine\748d8a81-33a01b12.bac_a03868 ZIP: infected - 3 skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Larry\.housecall6.6\Quarantine\748d8a81-33a01b12.bac_a03868 CryptFF.b: infected - 3 skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Larry\.housecall6.6\Quarantine\crtdcghcn.jar-53f8e709-57707b69.zip.bac_a03868/BaaaaBaa.class Infected: Trojan.Java.ClassLoader.ao skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Larry\.housecall6.6\Quarantine\crtdcghcn.jar-53f8e709-57707b69.zip.bac_a03868/VaaaaaaaBaa.class Infected: Trojan.Java.ClassLoader.ao skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Larry\.housecall6.6\Quarantine\crtdcghcn.jar-53f8e709-57707b69.zip.bac_a03868/Baaaaa.class Infected: Trojan.Java.ClassLoader.ao skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Larry\.housecall6.6\Quarantine\crtdcghcn.jar-53f8e709-57707b69.zip.bac_a03868 ZIP: infected - 3 skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Larry\.housecall6.6\Quarantine\crtdcghcn.jar-53f8e709-57707b69.zip.bac_a03868 CryptFF.b: infected - 3 skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Larry\.housecall6.6\Quarantine\dwnrpofk.dll.vir.bac_a01084 Infected: not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.Vapsup.dbv skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Larry\.housecall6.6\Quarantine\runfile[1].exe.bac_a02464 Infected: Trojan-Clicker.Win32.Small.cc skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Larry\Application Data\Adobe\Acrobat\7.0\Updater\ udlog.txt Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Larry\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\ javapi\v1.0\jar\cnte-dhncgts.jar-266cf5d1-1cb98462.zip/BnnnnBaa.class Infected: Trojan.Java.ClassLoader.as skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Larry\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\ javapi\v1.0\jar\cnte-dhncgts.jar-266cf5d1-1cb98462.zip/VaannnaaBaa.class Infected: Trojan.Java.ClassLoader.as skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Larry\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\ javapi\v1.0\jar\cnte-dhncgts.jar-266cf5d1-1cb98462.zip/Bnnnnn.class Infected: Trojan.Java.ClassLoader.as skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Larry\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\ javapi\v1.0\jar\cnte-dhncgts.jar-266cf5d1-1cb98462.zip ZIP: infected - 3 skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Larry\Cookies\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Larry\Desktop\Misc Software\SmitfraudFix\Reboot.exe Infected: not-a-virus:RiskTool.Win32.Reboot.f skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Larry\LMJ Files on Vaio\LMJ Download Files\LMJ IS Files\Spyware Removal\SmitfraudFix.exe/data.rar/SmitfraudFix/Reboot.exe Infected: not-a-virus:RiskTool.Win32.Reboot.f skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Larry\LMJ Files on Vaio\LMJ Download Files\LMJ IS Files\Spyware Removal\SmitfraudFix.exe/data.rar Infected: not-a-virus:RiskTool.Win2.Reboot.f skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Larry\LMJ Files on Vaio\LMJ Download Files\LMJ IS Files\Spyware Removal\SmitfraudFix.exe RarSFX: infected - 2 skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Larry\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\ Windows\UsrClass.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Larry\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Larry\Local Settings\History\History.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Larry\Local Settings\History\History.IE5\MSHist012008032820080329\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Larry\Local Settings\Temp\010970 Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Larry\Local Settings\Temp\hsperfdata_Larry\2752 Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Larry\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\AntiPhishing\B3BB5BBA-E7D5-40AB-A041-A5B1C0B26C8F.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Larry\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\ Content.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Larry\NTUSER.DAT Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Larry\ntuser.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\larry.LMJPHOTO\NTUSER.DAT Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\larry.LMJPHOTO\ntuser.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Cookies\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Application Data\ Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\History\History.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\ Content.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\NTUSER.DAT Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\ntuser.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Application Data\ Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\NTUSER.DAT Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\ntuser.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\hpcmerr.log Object is locked skipped
C:\QooBox\Quarantine\C\WINDOWS\qvdntlmw.dll.vir Infected: not-a-virus:AdWare. Win32.Vapsup.dcd skipped
C:\System Volume Information\MountPointManagerRemoteDatabase Object is locked skipped
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{8C459B98-89AA-45F6-A5B9-323014416103}\RP310\A0046819.dll Infected: not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.Vapsup.dcd skipped
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{8C459B98-89AA-45F6-A5B9-323014416103}\RP310\A0046820.dll Infected: not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.Vapsup.dbv skipped
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{8C459B98-89AA-45F6-A5B9-323014416103}\RP313\A0047693.dll Infected: not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.Vapsup.dcf skipped
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{8C459B98-89AA-45F6-A5B9-323014416103}\RP313\A0047694.dll Infected: not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.Vapsup.dbz skipped
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{8C459B98-89AA-45F6-A5B9-323014416103}\RP313\A0047695.exe Infected: not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.Vapsup.dce skipped
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{8C459B98-89AA-45F6-A5B9-323014416103}\RP314\change.log Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\Debug\PASSWD.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\SchedLgU.Txt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\ReportingEvents.log Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\CatRoot2\edb.log Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\CatRoot2\edbtmp.log Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\CatRoot2\tmp.edb Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\AppEvent.Evt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\default Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\default.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\Internet.evt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SAM Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SAM.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SecEvent.Evt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SECURITY Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SECURITY.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\software Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\software.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SysEvent.Evt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\system Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\system.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\h323log.txt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\INDEX.BTR Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\INDEX.MAP Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\MAPPING.VER Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\MAPPING1.MAP Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\MAPPING2.MAP Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\OBJECTS.DATA Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\OBJECTS.MAP Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\Temp\JET69A.tmp Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\Temp\JET83F.tmp Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\WindowsUpdate.log Object is locked skipped
Scan process completed.

Left the Trend Micro Hijackthis window open, as instructions weren't clear as to whether to close it or not or if actions that will need to be taken once reply is received will require this window remains open. Haven't had any previous problems with virus infections prior to this. Must have been very careful or lucky, not sure which. Usually all my computer work is done by my administrator (an IT pro) at home, but I am out of the state and need help. He is the one who recommended Spybot, which I really like. It is especially easy to use. Don't know what I need to do now. Please advise.

Thanks for the help in advance,
Moe

pskelley
2008-03-30, 14:11
Welcome to Safer Networking, I wish to be sure you have viewed and understand this information.
"BEFORE you POST" (READ this Procedure before Requesting Assistance)
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288
All advice given is taken at your own risk.
Please make sure you have read this information so we are on the same page.

You are infected, I suggest you keep this computer offline except when troubleshooting, the junk may download more. If you have any tool I use, delete it and download it new from the link I provide. Read and follow the directions carefully, the tools will not work unless you do.
I can not identify some of the junk, if you still need help, read the directions and follow them, including this one:

HiJackThis log - Trend Micro HijackThis 2.0.2
Click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" and Paste the entire contents of the log (no attachments) into your (Click --> ) own new topic

Once you post the correct HJT log, while you wait for my response, address these KOS issues:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\Quarantine\ <<< delete the contents of that folder in red

C:\Documents and Settings\Larry\.housecall6.6\Quarantine\ <<< delete the contents of that folder in red

C:\Documents and Settings\Larry\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\ <<< empty your Java cache

C:\Documents and Settings\Larry\Desktop\Misc Software\SmitfraudFix\ <<< delete that folder

C:\Documents and Settings\Larry\LMJ Files on Vaio\LMJ Download Files\LMJ IS Files\Spyware Removal\SmitfraudFix.exe <<< delete that file

Thanks

lmjphoto
2008-03-30, 17:44
(FROM FIRST POST - to which you are replying:) I have Symantec Corporate AntiVirus and run Spybot Search and Destroy all the time. This just happened recently (maybe 2-3 days ago). I ran Symantec at least twice, Spybot 3 or 4 times and also Trend Micro Housecall 3 or 4 times and still am having problems.

I have followed the directions on your " Before you post" and had the two logs but they exceed the number of characters allowed by over 8,000 so I eliminated any spaces I could to shorten it

NEW INFO: At this point, I accidentally hit send AND failed to incorporate the latest revisions which included: and I am still 6633 characters over. I can eliminate one report and attach a text file if you want. Not sure what to do next so I left in this file (Kaspersky Scan) and eliminated the hijackthis which I attached as a text file.

The contents of that file are as follows:

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 6:48:09 PM, on 3/28/2008
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16608)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\DefWatch.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\Rtvscan.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ilenwpir\craribuz.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\VAIO Entertainment\VzCdb\VzFw.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\SymWSC.exe
C:\Program Files\Apoint\Apoint.exe
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Power Management\SPMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Sony\HotKey Utility\HKserv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~1\VPTray.exe
C:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy Media Creator 7\Drag to Disc\DrgToDsc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\SM1BG.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\NILaunch.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\hpcoretech\hpcmpmgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hphmon05.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb09.exe
C:\Program Files\eMail ID\OEAddOn\OEdmn_3.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\SecCopy\SecCopy.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\glsxkbsn.exe
C:\Program Files\Apoint\Apntex.exe
C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
C:\Program Files\Sony\HotKey Utility\HKWnd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPZipm12.exe
C:\Program Files\lotus\organize\easyclip.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\Program Files\internet explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Spybot-S&D IE Protection - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: IconixBHOClass Class - {761233B6-F228-49E4-8F6B-668499D4E55A} - C:\Program Files\eMail ID\IEAddOn\IconixBHO_31.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {903AD98D-8A91-4FBB-B5E1-4FFCA9003E6A} - (no file)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Apoint] C:\Program Files\Apoint\Apoint.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIPTA] C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Mouse Suite 98 Daemon] ICO.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VAIO Recovery] C:\WINDOWS\Sonysys\VAIO Recovery\PartSeal.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SonyPowerCfg] C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Power Management\SPMgr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HKSERV.EXE] C:\Program Files\Sony\HotKey Utility\HKserv.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SSC_UserPrompt] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\UsrPrmpt.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [vptray] C:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~1\VPTray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RoxioDragToDisc] "C:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy Media Creator 7\Drag to Disc\DrgToDsc.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SM1BG] C:\WINDOWS\SM1BG.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Net-It Launcher] C:\WINDOWS\system32\NILaunch.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPHUPD05] C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\{45B6180B-DCAB-4093-8EE8-6164457517F0}\hphupd05.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Component Manager] "C:\Program Files\HP\hpcoretech\hpcmpmgr.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Software Update] "C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPHmon05] C:\WINDOWS\system32\hphmon05.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPDJ Taskbar Utility] C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb09.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IconixOEAddOn] "C:\Program Files\eMail ID\OEAddOn\OEdmn_3.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Second Copy 2000] "C:\Program Files\SecCopy\SecCopy.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [acuxihsi] C:\WINDOWS\system32\glsxkbsn.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SpybotSD TeaTimer] C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [lbumkmny] C:\WINDOWS\system32\fwxgzyty.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Policies\Explorer\Run: [a2AsztFO9j] C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ilenwpir\craribuz.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: ColorVisionStartup.lnk = C:\Program Files\ColorVision\Utility\ColorVisionStartup.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Lotus Organizer EasyClip.lnk = C:\Program Files\lotus\organize\easyclip.exe
O4 - Global Startup: OptiCAL Startup.lnk = C:\Program Files\PANTONE COLORVISION\OptiCAL\OptiCAL.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: &eBay Search - res://C:\Program Files\eBay\eBay Toolbar2\eBayTb.dll/RCSearch.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {400A6CFA-E326-4d61-A90C-9AD75358DC5F} - C:\Program Files\eMail ID\IEAddOn\IconixBHO_31.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Email ID Preferences - {400A6CFA-E326-4d61-A90C-9AD75358DC5F} - C:\Program Files\eMail ID\IEAddOn\IconixBHO_31.dll
O9 - Extra button: Panda ActiveScan - {653D93AF-C741-4e5e-8C1B-59BA43F93E16} - http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {BC3F6B6D-2E49-4603-B028-7411655713F3} - C:\Program Files\eMail ID\IEAddOn\IconixBHO_31.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: About Email ID - {BC3F6B6D-2E49-4603-B028-7411655713F3} - C:\Program Files\eMail ID\IEAddOn\IconixBHO_31.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Spybot - Search & Destroy Configuration - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O14 - IERESET.INF: START_PAGE_URL=http://www.sony.com/vaiopeople
O16 - DPF: {0EB0E74A-2A76-4AB3-A7FB-9BD8C29F7F75} (CKAVWebScan Object) - http://www.kaspersky.com/kos/english/kavwebscan_unicode.cab
O16 - DPF: {215B8138-A3CF-44C5-803F-8226143CFC0A} (Trend Micro ActiveX Scan Agent 6.6) - http://housecall65.trendmicro.com/housecall/applet/html/native/x86/win32/activex/hcImpl.cab
O16 - DPF: {30528230-99F7-4BB4-88D8-FA1D4F56A2AB} (YInstStarter Class) - http://files.member.yahoo.com/dl/installs/sbc/yinst.cab
O16 - DPF: {4CCA4E80-9259-11D9-AC6E-444553544200} (FixController Control) - http://h30155.www3.hp.com/ediags/dd/install/HPInstallMgr_v01_4.cab
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/v6/V5Controls/en/x86/client/wuweb_site.cab?1163546509404
O16 - DPF: {9A9307A0-7DA4-4DAF-B042-5009F29E09E1} (ActiveScan Installer Class) - http://acs.pandasoftware.com/activescan/as5free/asinst.cab
O21 - SSODL: JEjSHxOa - {50FD2354-FA57-89FE-1125-A2E87214947C} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\qwam.dll
O21 - SSODL: dwnrpofk - {99DFDEEC-031E-47D1-801C-2E01A1EB5394} - C:\WINDOWS\dwnrpofk.dll (file missing)
O21 - SSODL: vbgtorfd - {E3B30322-F8D4-4E0E-B29F-636069863D11} - (no file)
O23 - Service: Adobe LM Service - Adobe Systems - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe Systems Shared\Service\Adobelmsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: ##Id_String1.6844F930_1628_4223_B5CC_5BB94B879762## (Bonjour Service) - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation (ccPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec AntiVirus Definition Watcher (DefWatch) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\DefWatch.exe
O23 - Service: FLEXnet Licensing Service - Macrovision Europe Ltd. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Macrovision Shared\FLEXnet Publisher\FNPLicensingService.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: Pml Driver HPZ12 - HP - C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPZipm12.exe
O23 - Service: SAVRoam (SavRoam) - symantec - C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\SavRoam.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec AntiVirus - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\Rtvscan.exe
O23 - Service: SymWMI Service (SymWSC) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\SymWSC.exe
O23 - Service: VAIO Entertainment Aggregation and Control Service - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\VAIO Entertainment\VzRs\VzRs.exe
O23 - Service: VAIO Entertainment File Import Service - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\VAIO Entertainment\VzCdb\VzFw.exe
O23 - Service: VAIO Entertainment TV Device Arbitration Service - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\VAIO Entertainment\VzCs\VzHardwareResourceManager\VzHardwareResourceManager.exe
O23 - Service: VAIO Entertainment UPnP Client Adapter - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\VAIO Entertainment\VCSW\VCSW.exe
O23 - Service: VAIO Media Integrated Server (VAIOMediaPlatform-IntegratedServer-AppServer) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Media Integrated Server\VMISrv.exe
O23 - Service: VAIO Media Integrated Server (HTTP) (VAIOMediaPlatform-IntegratedServer-HTTP) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Media Integrated Server\Platform\SV_Httpd.exe
O23 - Service: VAIO Media Integrated Server (UPnP) (VAIOMediaPlatform-IntegratedServer-UPnP) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Media Integrated Server\Platform\UPnPFramework.exe
O23 - Service: VAIO Media Gateway Server (VAIOMediaPlatform-Mobile-Gateway) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Media Integrated Server\Platform\VmGateway.exe
O23 - Service: VAIO Media Video Server (VAIOMediaPlatform-VideoServer-AppServer) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Media Integrated Server\Video\GPVSvr.exe
O23 - Service: VAIO Media Video Server (HTTP) (VAIOMediaPlatform-VideoServer-HTTP) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Media Integrated Server\Platform\SV_Httpd.exe
O23 - Service: VAIO Media Video Server (UPnP) (VAIOMediaPlatform-VideoServer-UPnP) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Media Integrated Server\Platform\UPnPFramework.exe

--
End of file - 13415 bytes

Not sure what you mean by: "If you have any tool I use, delete it and download it new from the link I provide. Read and follow the directions carefully, the tools will not work unless you do," as I think I already did that according to my previous post. Do I need to do it over? Don't mean to be dense, but I want to make sure I don't screw this up.

After I send this, I will take care of the issues you mentioned. Sorry if I am confused as I don't usually use forums and have never had any problems like this before.

Thanks for the help.
Moe

pskelley
2008-03-30, 17:58
Read and follow the directions I post and you will have not problems.

I need to take a look with the newest version of Smitfraudfix before we proceed. This is why I asked you to remove any tools you used, they would be out of date.

http://siri.geekstogo.com/SmitfraudFix.php <<< download Smitfraudfix from here and follow ONLY these directions.

(Must be version Version 2.309 or newer)

Search:
Double-click SmitfraudFix.exe
Select 1 and hit Enter to create a report of the infected files. The report can be found at the root of the system drive, usually at C:\rapport.txt

Note: process.exe is detected by some antivirus programs (AntiVir, Dr.Web, Kaspersky) as a "RiskTool". It is not a virus, but a program used to stop system processes. Antivirus programs cannot distinguish between "good" and "malicious" use of such programs, therefore they may alert the user.
http://www.beyondlogic.org/consulting/processutil/processutil.htm

Post only the C:\rapport.txt

(do not post anything I do not request unless they are comments you think will help)

Thanks

lmjphoto
2008-03-30, 19:22
Deleted the files you indicated in your previous post. Can I close Trend Micro Hijackthis window? Should I quit SmitFraudFix?

Thanks,
Moe

Contents of rapport.txt:

SmitFraudFix v2.309

Scan done at 11:56:26.75, Sun 03/30/2008
Run from C:\Documents and Settings\Larry\Desktop\SmitfraudFix
OS: Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600] - Windows_NT
The filesystem type is NTFS
Fix run in normal mode

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Process

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntvdm.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» hosts

hosts file corrupted !

127.0.0.1 www.legal-at-spybot.info
127.0.0.1 legal-at-spybot.info

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» C:\

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» C:\WINDOWS

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» C:\WINDOWS\system

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» C:\WINDOWS\Web

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» C:\WINDOWS\system32

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» C:\WINDOWS\system32\LogFiles

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» C:\Documents and Settings\Larry

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» C:\Documents and Settings\Larry\Application Data

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Start Menu

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» C:\DOCUME~1\Larry\FAVORI~1

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Desktop

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» C:\Program Files

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Corrupted keys

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Desktop Components

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» IEDFix
!!!Attention, following keys are not inevitably infected!!!

IEDFix
Credits: Malware Analysis & Diagnostic
Code: S!Ri

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» VACFix

VACFix

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Sharedtaskscheduler

SrchSTS.exe by S!Ri
Search SharedTaskScheduler's .dll

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» AppInit_DLLs

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows]
"AppInit_DLLs"=""

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Winlogon

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
"Userinit"="C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\userinit.exe,"
"System"=""

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Rustock

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» DNS

Description: LAN-Express AS IEEE 802.11g miniPCI Adapter - Packet Scheduler Miniport
DNS Server Search Order: 69.1.30.50
DNS Server Search Order: 69.1.30.51

HKLM\SYSTEM\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{228D7602-744A-49A7-99C6-9E136F1816A8}: DhcpNameServer=69.1.30.50 69.1.30.51
HKLM\SYSTEM\CS1\Services\Tcpip\..\{228D7602-744A-49A7-99C6-9E136F1816A8}: DhcpNameServer=69.1.30.50 69.1.30.51
HKLM\SYSTEM\CS2\Services\Tcpip\..\{228D7602-744A-49A7-99C6-9E136F1816A8}: DhcpNameServer=69.1.30.50 69.1.30.51
HKLM\SYSTEM\CCS\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: DhcpNameServer=69.1.30.50 69.1.30.51
HKLM\SYSTEM\CS1\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: DhcpNameServer=69.1.30.50 69.1.30.51
HKLM\SYSTEM\CS2\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: DhcpNameServer=69.1.30.50 69.1.30.51

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Scanning for wininet.dll infection

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» End

pskelley
2008-03-30, 19:41
HJT can be closed once you have created the HJT log I request and it will not be used until I ask for a new HJT log.

Smitfraudfix will close itself, but you are going to use it in this next step. Read and follow the directions carefully.

Thanks for returning your information, Smitfraudfix found the infection and it also found this:
hosts file corrupted !
After we clean, in the next C:\rapport.txt, there may be a very large hosts file
(items starting with 127.0.0.1) and I do not need to see it. Edit (remove) it from
the C:\rapport.txt before you post it.

Clean:
Reboot your computer in Safe Mode (before the Windows icon appears, tap the F8 key continually)
Double-click SmitfraudFix.exe
Select 2 and hit Enter to delete infect files.
You will be prompted: Do you want to clean the registry ? answer Y (yes) and hit Enter in order to remove the Desktop background and clean registry keys associated with the infection.
The tool will now check if wininet.dll is infected. You may be prompted to replace the infected file (if found): Replace infected file ? answer Y (yes) and hit Enter to restore a clean file.
A reboot may be needed to finish the cleaning process. The report can be found at the root of the system drive, usually at C:\rapport.txt

Optional:
To restore Trusted and Restricted site zone, select 3 and hit Enter.
You will be prompted: Restore Trusted Zone ? answer Y (yes) and hit Enter to delete trusted zone.
Note, if you use SpywareBlaster and/or IE-SPYAD, it will be necessary to re-install the protection both afford. For SpywareBlaster, run the program and re-protect all items. For IE-SPYAD, run the batch file and reinstall the protection.

Post the C:\rapport.txt and a new HJT log (run after Smitfraudfix).

Thanks

lmjphoto
2008-03-30, 21:39
Ran SmitFraud.exe, cleaned registry, restored Trutsted and Restricted site zones. No prompt to restore infected file. Deleted all the 127 lines per instructions (put note in where I deleted them.

Post of rapport-127.txt as follows:
SmitFraudFix v2.309

Scan done at 13:45:22.83, Sun 03/30/2008
Run from C:\Documents and Settings\Larry\Desktop\SmitfraudFix
OS: Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600] - Windows_NT
The filesystem type is NTFS
Fix run in safe mode

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» SharedTaskScheduler Before SmitFraudFix

SrchSTS.exe by S!Ri

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Killing process

DELETED ALL THE 127.0 LINES THAT WERE HERE (Moe)

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» VACFix

VACFix

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Winsock2 Fix

S!Ri's WS2Fix: LSP not Found.

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Generic Renos Fix

GenericRenosFix by S!Ri

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Deleting infected files

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» IEDFix

IEDFix

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» DNS

HKLM\SYSTEM\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{228D7602-744A-49A7-99C6-9E136F1816A8}: DhcpNameServer=69.1.30.50 69.1.30.51
HKLM\SYSTEM\CS1\Services\Tcpip\..\{228D7602-744A-49A7-99C6-9E136F1816A8}: DhcpNameServer=69.1.30.50 69.1.30.51
HKLM\SYSTEM\CS2\Services\Tcpip\..\{228D7602-744A-49A7-99C6-9E136F1816A8}: DhcpNameServer=69.1.30.50 69.1.30.51
HKLM\SYSTEM\CCS\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: DhcpNameServer=69.1.30.50 69.1.30.51
HKLM\SYSTEM\CS1\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: DhcpNameServer=69.1.30.50 69.1.30.51
HKLM\SYSTEM\CS2\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: DhcpNameServer=69.1.30.50 69.1.30.51

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Deleting Temp Files

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Winlogon.System

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
"System"=""

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Registry Cleaning

Registry Cleaning done.

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» SharedTaskScheduler After SmitFraudFix

SrchSTS.exe by S!Ri

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» End

Now what.

Thanks,
Moe

I REALLY APPRECIATE THE HELP!!!!

pskelley
2008-03-30, 22:03
Thanks for the C:\rapport.txt, post the HJT log please.

Post the C:\rapport.txt and a new HJT log (run after Smitfraudfix).

lmjphoto
2008-03-30, 22:12
Sorry, here it is:

Scan saved at 3:10:31 PM, on 3/30/2008

Running processes:

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Spybot-S&D IE Protection - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: IconixBHOClass Class - {761233B6-F228-49E4-8F6B-668499D4E55A} - C:\Program Files\eMail ID\IEAddOn\IconixBHO_31.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIPTA] C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SonyPowerCfg] C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Power Management\SPMgr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SSC_UserPrompt] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\UsrPrmpt.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RoxioDragToDisc] "C:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy Media Creator 7\Drag to Disc\DrgToDsc.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPHUPD05] C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\{45B6180B-DCAB-4093-8EE8-6164457517F0}\hphupd05.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Component Manager] "C:\Program Files\HP\hpcoretech\hpcmpmgr.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Software Update] "C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPDJ Taskbar Utility] C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb09.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IconixOEAddOn] "C:\Program Files\eMail ID\OEAddOn\OEdmn_3.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SpybotSD TeaTimer] C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Policies\Explorer\Run: [a2AsztFO9j] C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ilenwpir\craribuz.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: ColorVisionStartup.lnk = C:\Program Files\ColorVision\Utility\ColorVisionStartup.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Lotus Organizer EasyClip.lnk = C:\Program Files\lotus\organize\easyclip.exe
O4 - Global Startup: OptiCAL Startup.lnk = C:\Program Files\PANTONE COLORVISION\OptiCAL\OptiCAL.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: &eBay Search - res://C:\Program Files\eBay\eBay Toolbar2\eBayTb.dll/RCSearch.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {400A6CFA-E326-4d61-A90C-9AD75358DC5F} - C:\Program Files\eMail ID\IEAddOn\IconixBHO_31.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Email ID Preferences - {400A6CFA-E326-4d61-A90C-9AD75358DC5F} - C:\Program Files\eMail ID\IEAddOn\IconixBHO_31.dll
O9 - Extra button: Panda ActiveScan - {653D93AF-C741-4e5e-8C1B-59BA43F93E16} - http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {BC3F6B6D-2E49-4603-B028-7411655713F3} - C:\Program Files\eMail ID\IEAddOn\IconixBHO_31.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: About Email ID - {BC3F6B6D-2E49-4603-B028-7411655713F3} - C:\Program Files\eMail ID\IEAddOn\IconixBHO_31.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Spybot - Search & Destroy Configuration - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {0EB0E74A-2A76-4AB3-A7FB-9BD8C29F7F75} (CKAVWebScan Object) - http://www.kaspersky.com/kos/english/kavwebscan_unicode.cab
O16 - DPF: {215B8138-A3CF-44C5-803F-8226143CFC0A} (Trend Micro ActiveX Scan Agent 6.6) - http://housecall65.trendmicro.com/housecall/applet/html/native/x86/win32/activex/hcImpl.cab
O16 - DPF: {30528230-99F7-4BB4-88D8-FA1D4F56A2AB} (YInstStarter Class) - http://files.member.yahoo.com/dl/installs/sbc/yinst.cab
O16 - DPF: {4CCA4E80-9259-11D9-AC6E-444553544200} (FixController Control) - http://h30155.www3.hp.com/ediags/dd/install/HPInstallMgr_v01_4.cab
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/v6/V5Controls/en/x86/client/wuweb_site.cab?1163546509404
O16 - DPF: {9A9307A0-7DA4-4DAF-B042-5009F29E09E1} (ActiveScan Installer Class) - http://acs.pandasoftware.com/activescan/as5free/asinst.cab
O21 - SSODL: JEjSHxOa - {50FD2354-FA57-89FE-1125-A2E87214947C} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\qwam.dll
O21 - SSODL: dwnrpofk - {99DFDEEC-031E-47D1-801C-2E01A1EB5394} - C:\WINDOWS\dwnrpofk.dll (file missing)
O23 - Service: Adobe LM Service - Adobe Systems - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe Systems Shared\Service\Adobelmsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: ##Id_String1.6844F930_1628_4223_B5CC_5BB94B879762## (Bonjour Service) - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation (ccPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec AntiVirus Definition Watcher (DefWatch) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\DefWatch.exe
O23 - Service: FLEXnet Licensing Service - Macrovision Europe Ltd. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Macrovision Shared\FLEXnet Publisher\FNPLicensingService.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: SAVRoam (SavRoam) - symantec - C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\SavRoam.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec AntiVirus - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\Rtvscan.exe
O23 - Service: SymWMI Service (SymWSC) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\SymWSC.exe
O23 - Service: VAIO Entertainment Aggregation and Control Service - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\VAIO Entertainment\VzRs\VzRs.exe
O23 - Service: VAIO Entertainment File Import Service - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\VAIO Entertainment\VzCdb\VzFw.exe
O23 - Service: VAIO Entertainment TV Device Arbitration Service - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\VAIO Entertainment\VzCs\VzHardwareResourceManager\VzHardwareResourceManager.exe
O23 - Service: VAIO Entertainment UPnP Client Adapter - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\VAIO Entertainment\VCSW\VCSW.exe
O23 - Service: VAIO Media Integrated Server (VAIOMediaPlatform-IntegratedServer-AppServer) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Media Integrated Server\VMISrv.exe
O23 - Service: VAIO Media Integrated Server (HTTP) (VAIOMediaPlatform-IntegratedServer-HTTP) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Media Integrated Server\Platform\SV_Httpd.exe
O23 - Service: VAIO Media Integrated Server (UPnP) (VAIOMediaPlatform-IntegratedServer-UPnP) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Media Integrated Server\Platform\UPnPFramework.exe
O23 - Service: VAIO Media Gateway Server (VAIOMediaPlatform-Mobile-Gateway) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Media Integrated Server\Platform\VmGateway.exe
O23 - Service: VAIO Media Video Server (VAIOMediaPlatform-VideoServer-AppServer) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Media Integrated Server\Video\GPVSvr.exe
O23 - Service: VAIO Media Video Server (HTTP) (VAIOMediaPlatform-VideoServer-HTTP) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Media Integrated Server\Platform\SV_Httpd.exe
O23 - Service: VAIO Media Video Server (UPnP) (VAIOMediaPlatform-VideoServer-UPnP) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Media Integrated Server\Platform\UPnPFramework.exe

--
End of file - 13464 bytes

lmjphoto
2008-03-30, 22:18
Still getting a little pop-up from the task bar and another that looks like the MS Installation Wizard at this point. Haven't seen red or blue one yet, but it hasn't been that long. Forgot to put this info in last post.

Moe

lmjphoto
2008-03-30, 22:29
Spoke too soon, the blue one popped up, so I'm sure the red one wil follow soon. I can't wait until this is solve. Thanks again for all the help.

Moe

pskelley
2008-03-30, 22:38
Thanks for the HJT log, continue like this.

1) Can you assure me this is a valid program:

2) We need first to disable TeaTimer that it doesn't interfere with fixes. You can re-enable it when you're clean again:
* Run Spybot-S&D in Advanced Mode.
* If it is not already set to do this Go to the Mode menu select "Advanced Mode"
* On the left hand side, Click on Tools
* Then click on the Resident Icon in the List
* Uncheck "Resident TeaTimer" and OK any prompts.
* Restart your computer.

3) Download ResetTeaTimer.bat.
http://downloads.subratam.org/ResetTeaTimer.bat
Double click ResetTeaTimer.bat
to remove all entries set by TeaTimer (and preventing TeaTimer to restore them upon reactivation).

4) How to make files and folders visible:
Click Start > Open My Computer.
Select the Tools menu and click Folder Options.
Select the View Tab. Under the Hidden files and folders heading, select Show hidden files and folders.
Uncheck: Hide file extensions for known file types
Uncheck the Hide protected operating system files (recommended) option.
Click Yes to confirm. Click OK.
You may reverse this for safety when we are finished.

5) Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune
http://www.atribune.org/public-beta/ATF-Cleaner.exe
Save it to your Desktop. We will use this later.

6) Open HijackThis and choose "Do a system scan only" then check the box in front of these line items:

Close all programs but HJT and all browser windows, then click on "Fix Checked"

7) Right click Start > Explore and navigate to these files/folders and delete them if there.

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ilenwpir\ <<< delete that folder and contents

C:\WINDOWS\system32\fwxgzyty.exe <<< delete that file

C:\WINDOWS\system32\glsxkbsn.exe <<< delete that file

C:\WINDOWS\system32\qwam.dll <<< delete that file

8) Run ATF Cleaner
Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
Click Select All found at the bottom of the list.
Click the Empty Selected button.
Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.

Restart and post a new HJT log and tell me how the computer is running.

Thanks

lmjphoto
2008-03-30, 22:49
Not sure about e-mail file. Trend Mirco has an e-mail secure-check that verifies that the sender is valid and not someone phishing. That could be it, but if you want it gone, let me know. Walking out the door, will be back shortly and will follow instructions.

Thanks again,
Moe

pskelley
2008-03-30, 23:00
No Moe, it may very well be valid and it is hard for the data bases to keep up with all of the changes. It is just that it is the first time I have seen it. You can scan that file to be sure it is safe here: http://virusscan.jotti.org/

Thanks...Phil

lmjphoto
2008-03-31, 00:08
Phil,
Used link and checked file; all 21 programs passed it as OK, so I guess it is valid. Printed instructions and will proceed to follow. Will post log when completed.

Thanks,
Moe

lmjphoto
2008-03-31, 01:40
Phil,
Followed directions until I get to deleting files and it won't let me delete: C:\WINDOWS\system32\qwam.dll <<< delete that file

Gives me a message saying file can't be delted as it is in use by another person or program. Close any programs trying to use this file and try again.

Stopped at this point to get clarification. Then I will run ATF Cleaner. Hope that is the right thing to do.

Moe

pskelley
2008-03-31, 02:01
Well Moe, that file is bad and it must be deleted. Try booting into safe mode and deleting it there when it will not be running.
http://spyware-free.us/tutorials/safemode/

You can also try this:
How to use the Delete on Reboot tool
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial42.html#delreb
Start Hijackthis
Click on the Config button
Click on the Misc Tools button
Click on the button labeled Delete a file on reboot...
A new window will open asking you to select the file that you would like to delete on reboot. Navigate to the file: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\qwam.dll and click on it once, and then click on the Open button.
You will now be asked if you would like to reboot your computer to delete the file. Click on the Yes button if you would like to reboot now.

Thanks

lmjphoto
2008-03-31, 02:35
Used hijackthis to delete qwam.dll. Rebooted and checked to verify that file was actually gone and it was. Used ATF Cleaner to delete info requested. Rebooted again.

And by the way every time I reboot I get an End Program dialog box that says hpcmpmgr.exe in not responding - click to end now. Why is that? Is that related to all this other crap?

After second reboot, ran HJT and log is as follows:
Scan saved at 7:27:57 PM, on 3/30/2008

Running processes:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\UsrPrmpt.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe

O21 - SSODL: JEjSHxOa - {50FD2354-FA57-89FE-1125-A2E87214947C} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\qwam.dll (file missing)

--
End of file - 12779 bytes

Can't say how computer is running yet, as this is the only thing I have done with it. Am I done (clean) now?

Thanks again for all the help and patience in dealing with this. I don't understand why people create these things in the first place.

Moe

lmjphoto
2008-03-31, 07:12
Can't say for sure, but things seem to be running better. I am running SpyBot again to make sure there are no more virus files found. Turned TeaTime back on and reset Folder Options, View Files back to recommended. No pup-ups yet, but I won't be relieved until you tell me everything is OK with the last log I sent you.

Thanks again for all the help. When I get back home (to Ohio from Florida) I will make a donation.

Moe

pskelley
2008-03-31, 12:32
Thanks for returning your information, if you receive error messages, please post them word for word, I cannot research them otherwise.
hpcmpmgr.exe in not responding = http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=hpcmpmgr.exe+in+not+responding+&btnG=Google+Search
hpcmpmgr.exe is http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=hpcmpmgr.exe&btnG=Search

I don't understand why people create these things in the first place.Moe, it is all about the money, here is one bunch: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_Business_Network

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2 Scan saved at 7:27:57 PM, on 3/30/2008

C:\Program Files\HP\hpcoretech\hpcmpmgr.exe <<< this is probably the source of the error message and HP has posted instructions for fixing the issue:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericSoftwareDownloadIndex?lc=en&cc=us&softwareitem=oj-22424-5

Use HJT to remove this items:
O21 - SSODL: JEjSHxOa - {50FD2354-FA57-89FE-1125-A2E87214947C} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\qwam.dll (file missing)
(TT will probably need to be off)

We have some infected System Restore files to clean, run a last KOS so we can be sure nothing else is hiding. Remove Smitfraudfix from your computer and also delete this leftover from combofix:
C:\QooBox\Quarantine\ <<< delete that folder.

Scan using these setting:
* The program will launch and then begin downloading the latest definition files:
* Once the files have been downloaded click on NEXT
* Now click on Scan Settings
* In the scan settings make that the following are selected:
* Scan using the following Anti-Virus database:
* Standard
* Scan Options:
* Scan Archives
* Scan Mail Bases
* Click OK
* Now under select a target to scan:
* Select My Computer
* This will program will start and scan your system.
* The scan will take a while so be patient and let it run.
* Once the scan is complete it will display if your system has been infected.
* Now click on the Save as Text button:
* Save the file to your desktop.

Then post it here.

Thanks...Phil

lmjphoto
2008-03-31, 20:13
Went to HP, downloaded and installed their fix for my hpcmpmgr.exe problem. Used HJT to remove designated file, deleted folder specified, rebooted and reran Kapsersky Scan. Still not clean yet. Does it ever end or is the light at the end of the tunnel a train?

Moe

Results of scan:
KASPERSKY ONLINE SCANNER REPORT
Monday, March 31, 2008 1:03:28 PM
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Kaspersky Online Scanner version: 5.0.98.0
Kaspersky Anti-Virus database last update: 31/03/2008
Kaspersky Anti-Virus database records: 605563

Scan Settings:
Scan using the following antivirus database: standard
Scan Archives: true
Scan Mail Bases: true

Scan Target - My Computer:
C:\
D:\
E:\
F:\

Scan Statistics:
Total number of scanned objects: 141127
Number of viruses found: 3
Number of infected objects: 8
Number of suspicious objects: 0
Duration of the scan process: 02:39:33

Infected Object Name / Virus Name / Last Action
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sony Corporation\SonicStage\Packages\MtData.ldb Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sony Corporation\SonicStage\Packages\MtData.mdb Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sony Corporation\VAIO Entertainment Platform\1.0\VzCdb\MtData.ldb Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sony Corporation\VAIO Entertainment Platform\1.0\VzCdb\MtData.mdb Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Common Client\settings.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users.WINXP\Application Data\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA\MachineKeys\7a83e29f55d612fa72368812f2dd9ad0_bd5b096d-f722-4f03-933d-307eca40b83f Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users.WINXP\Application Data\Microsoft\Dr Watson\user.dmp Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Larry\Cookies\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Larry\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Feeds Cache\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Larry\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Larry\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Larry\Local Settings\History\History.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Larry\Local Settings\History\History.IE5\MSHist012008033120080401\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Larry\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\AntiPhishing\B3BB5BBA-E7D5-40AB-A041-A5B1C0B26C8F.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Larry\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Larry\NTUSER.DAT Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\Larry\ntuser.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Cookies\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\History\History.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\index.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\NTUSER.DAT Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\ntuser.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\NTUSER.DAT Object is locked skipped
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\ntuser.dat.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\Program Files\HP\hpcoretech\hpcmerr.log Object is locked skipped
C:\System Volume Information\MountPointManagerRemoteDatabase Object is locked skipped
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{8C459B98-89AA-45F6-A5B9-323014416103}\RP317\A0052253.dll Infected: Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Agent.mek skipped
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{8C459B98-89AA-45F6-A5B9-323014416103}\RP317\A0052261.exe Infected: Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Obfuscated.ex skipped
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{8C459B98-89AA-45F6-A5B9-323014416103}\RP317\change.log Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\Debug\PASSWD.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe Infected: Trojan.Win32.Patched.aa skipped
C:\WINDOWS\SchedLgU.Txt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\ReportingEvents.log Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\AppEvent.Evt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\default Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\default.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\Internet.evt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SAM Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SAM.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SecEvent.Evt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SECURITY Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SECURITY.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\software Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\software.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\SysEvent.Evt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\system Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\system.LOG Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\h323log.txt Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe Infected: Trojan.Win32.Patched.aa skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe Infected: Trojan.Win32.Patched.aa skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe Infected: Trojan.Win32.Patched.aa skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe Infected: Trojan.Win32.Patched.aa skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\INDEX.BTR Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\INDEX.MAP Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\MAPPING.VER Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\MAPPING1.MAP Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\MAPPING2.MAP Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\OBJECTS.DATA Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository\FS\OBJECTS.MAP Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe Infected: Trojan.Win32.Patched.aa skipped
C:\WINDOWS\Temp\JET5A0.tmp Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\Temp\JETF351.tmp Object is locked skipped
C:\WINDOWS\WindowsUpdate.log Object is locked skipped

Scan process completed.

pskelley
2008-03-31, 20:51
I have not run into this before, and it looks like it may be a false positive?

Here is what is showing:

These are infected System Restore file, I expected them:
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{8C459B98-89AA-45F6-A5B9-323014416103}\RP317\A0052253.dll ------> Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Agent.mek
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{8C459B98-89AA-45F6-A5B9-323014416103}\RP317\A0052261.exe ------> Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Obfuscated.ex
This information will clean your System Restore files once the other issue is resolved:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/tips/mcgill1.mspx

These are showing as you can see:
C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe ------> Trojan.Win32.Patched.aa
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe ------> Trojan.Win32.Patched.aa
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe ------> Trojan.Win32.Patched.aa
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe ------> Trojan.Win32.Patched.aa
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe ------> Trojan.Win32.Patched.aa
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe ------> Trojan.Win32.Patched.aa

http://forum.emsisoft.com/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=2488
http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=184363
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Trojan.Win32.Patched.aa&btnG=Google+Search

What you want to do to be sure is use one or more of these free online scanners:
http://virusscan.jotti.org/
http://www.kaspersky.com/scanforvirus
http://www.virustotal.com/

To make sure they are false positives in Kaspersky. Let me know what you find.

Thanks

lmjphoto
2008-03-31, 22:42
I saw from the links that there can be false/positves, but don't know enough to determine which need to be addressed.

Do I have to run the first link that you gave me regarding the infected System Restore files, and if so, when?

Sorry I have to keep asking so many questions, but I am not an IT person.

Thanks,
Moe

PS - Haven't had any pop-ups yet (shouldn't brag, after I hit send one will show up just to punish me) and computer seems fine so far!

VIRUSSCAN.JOTTI.ORG RESULTS:

C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe ------> Trojan.Win32.Patched.aa:
AntiVir Found HEUR/Malware
ArcaVir Found W32.Patched.Aa
Ikarus Found Virus.Win32.Virut.q
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe ------> Trojan.Win32.Patched.aa:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe ------> Trojan.Win32.Patched.aa:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe ------> Trojan.Win32.Patched.aa:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe ------> Trojan.Win32.Patched.aa:
ArcaVir Found W32.Patched.Aa, Worm.Rays.B
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe ------> Trojan.Win32.Patched.aa:
AntiVir Found TR/Patched.AA.18
Ikarus Found Trojan.Win32.Patched.g

pskelley
2008-03-31, 22:53
This is as I said, a new situation on me, I need more information before I can advise you. Let's start with this scan:

Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to your desktop.
http://www.besttechie.net/tools/mbam-setup.exe

* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
* Be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
* Once the program has loaded, select Perform FULL SCAN, then click Scan.
* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
* When completed, a log will open in Notepad. Please save it to a convenient location. The log can also be opened by going to Start > All Programs > Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware > Logs > log-date.txt

Post that log....Thanks

lmjphoto
2008-04-01, 01:43
Ran Malwarebyte's Anti-Malware and log follows, however I am concerned about the iTunesMusic.exe. We do use iTunes for our iPod and I don't want to delete something I need for that, unless this is posing as iTunes and really isn't. Will delete evertthing else until I here from you on this

Log:
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.09
Database version: 574

Scan type: Full Scan (C:\|)
Objects scanned: 181538
Time elapsed: 1 hour(s), 48 minute(s), 36 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 16
Registry Values Infected: 1
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 3
Files Infected: 18

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{000000da-0786-4633-87c6-1aa7a4429ef1} (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> No action taken.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{0b682cc1-fb40-4006-a5dd-99edd3c9095d} (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> No action taken.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{0e1230f8-ea50-42a9-983c-d22abc2eeb4c} (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> No action taken.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{5c7f15e1-f31a-44fd-aa1a-2ec63aaffd3a} (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> No action taken.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{9dd4258a-7138-49c4-8d34-587879a5c7a4} (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> No action taken.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{9dd4258a-7138-49c4-8d34-587879a5c7a4} (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> No action taken.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{b8c0220d-763d-49a4-95f4-61dfdec66ee6} (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> No action taken.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{c3bcc488-1ae7-11d4-ab82-0010a4ec2338} (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> No action taken.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{c3bcc488-1ae7-11d4-ab82-0010a4ec2338} (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> No action taken.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\HOL5_VXIEWER.FULL.1 (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> No action taken.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\HOL5_VXIEWER.FULL.1 (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> No action taken.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\applications\accessdiver.exe (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> No action taken.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\fwbd (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> No action taken.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HolLol (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> No action taken.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Invictus (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> No action taken.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorertoolbar (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> No action taken.

Registry Values Infected:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\SharedTaskScheduler\{0656a137-b161-cadd-9777-e37a75727e78} (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> No action taken.

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:
C:\Program Files\PC-Cleaner (Rogue.PC-Cleaner) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32smp (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> No action taken.
C:\Documents and Settings\Larry\Desktopvirii (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> No action taken.

Files Infected:
C:\RECYCLER\S-1-5-21-2073828801-3793691808-3677074128-1006\Dc1\C\WINDOWS\qvdntlmw.dll.vir (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> No action taken.
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{8C459B98-89AA-45F6-A5B9-323014416103}\RP310\A0046819.dll (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> No action taken.
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{8C459B98-89AA-45F6-A5B9-323014416103}\RP310\A0046820.dll (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> No action taken.
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{8C459B98-89AA-45F6-A5B9-323014416103}\RP313\A0047693.dll (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> No action taken.
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{8C459B98-89AA-45F6-A5B9-323014416103}\RP313\A0047694.dll (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> No action taken.
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{8C459B98-89AA-45F6-A5B9-323014416103}\RP313\A0047695.exe (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> No action taken.
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{8C459B98-89AA-45F6-A5B9-323014416103}\RP317\A0052253.dll (Trojan.Proxy) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ylyjerul.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\Web\def.htm (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\system32smp\msrc.exe (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> No action taken.
C:\Documents and Settings\Larry\Desktopvirii\Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Agent.bl.exe (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> No action taken.
C:\Documents and Settings\Larry\Desktopvirii\Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Agent.p.exe (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> No action taken.
C:\Documents and Settings\Larry\Desktopvirii\Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Agent.r.exe (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> No action taken.
C:\Documents and Settings\Larry\Desktopvirii\Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Agent.t.exe (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> No action taken.
C:\Documents and Settings\Larry\Desktopvirii\Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Agent.v.exe (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\bdn.com (Trojan.Agent) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\iTunesMusic.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> No action taken.
C:\WINDOWS\mssecu.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> No action taken.

lmjphoto
2008-04-01, 01:47
Should have been everything, but I hit send before I realized mispelled it (but I bet you understood and get that a lot). Upon deletion, gave message that it couldn't remove several items, and I need to restart machine. Will do so and wait for your answer. Hope we are getting close to being done. I have to pack up and leave for home in a few days.

Moe

pskelley
2008-04-01, 01:54
What has me puzzled is that this was a clean computer here:
Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2 Scan saved at 7:27:57 PM, on 3/30/2008

with the exception of a couple of infected System Restore Files. This stuff has gotten on this computer since then. This is a new infection and I am not yet sure what it is.
Did you choose "No action taken" on purpose? This may be a file infector infection, if so you might be reformatting the computer?

I would like to look at a combofix log:

Remove any old copies of combofix before you proceed.

Thanks to sUBs and anyone else who helped with this fix.

It is important that it is saved directly to your Desktop

Download ComboFix from Here (http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/sUBs/ComboFix.exe) to your Desktop

Double click combofix.exe and follow the prompts.
When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Post that log and a HiJackthis log in your next reply

Note: Do not mouseclick combofix's window while its running. That may cause it to stall

Post the combofix log and a new HJT log.

Tutorial if needed:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofix

Thanks

I will not see any other posts until AM EST.

lmjphoto
2008-04-01, 02:50
I just got lost with your last reply. The only thing I didn't fix was the iTunes file because I wasn't sure if that was legit or not and I wanted to be sure before I screwed up my iTunes/iPod.

The files it said it couldn't delete were the files you said you expected to see. The only place I have been since the last scan were the places you sent me, so I can't imagine how I got reinfected, unless these were always there and just didn't show up until something else got fixed.

Not sure what you want me to do next. This is getting frustrating and I don't want to do the wrong thing. Should I rerun the previous Malwarebyte's and get rid of the iTunes file and copy down the info on the files it didn't delete or should I
I run combofix and hijackthis and post the logs.

Please advise and I will take next step. Sorry for the confusion, but I'd rather be cautious than have to reformat.

Moe

lmjphoto
2008-04-01, 02:53
Now I see where you got the no action taken, I hadn't seen that before. I only unclicked iTunes and then asked program to fix everything else. Don't know why it didn't. Do I have to rerun program to get it to try again or can I pick it up by restarting it?

Moe

lmjphoto
2008-04-01, 07:05
Phil,

I might have posted the wrong log. I went back and reran Malwarebyte and got only 1 error. When I looked at the previous log it was as follows:

Objects scanned: 181538
Time elapsed: 1 hour(s), 48 minute(s), 36 second(s)

Registry Keys Infected: 16
Registry Values Infected: 1
Folders Infected: 3
Files Infected: 18

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{000000da-0786-4633-87c6-1aa7a4429ef1} (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{0b682cc1-fb40-4006-a5dd-99edd3c9095d} (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Delete on reboot.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{0e1230f8-ea50-42a9-983c-d22abc2eeb4c} (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Delete on reboot.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{5c7f15e1-f31a-44fd-aa1a-2ec63aaffd3a} (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{9dd4258a-7138-49c4-8d34-587879a5c7a4} (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Delete on reboot.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{9dd4258a-7138-49c4-8d34-587879a5c7a4} (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{b8c0220d-763d-49a4-95f4-61dfdec66ee6} (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{c3bcc488-1ae7-11d4-ab82-0010a4ec2338} (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Delete on reboot.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{c3bcc488-1ae7-11d4-ab82-0010a4ec2338} (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\HOL5_VXIEWER.FULL.1 (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\HOL5_VXIEWER.FULL.1 (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\applications\accessdiver.exe (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\fwbd (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HolLol (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Invictus (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorertoolbar (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\SharedTaskScheduler\{0656a137-b161-cadd-9777-e37a75727e78} (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Folders Infected:
C:\Program Files\PC-Cleaner (Rogue.PC-Cleaner) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32smp (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Larry\Desktopvirii (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Files Infected:
C:\RECYCLER\S-1-5-21-2073828801-3793691808-3677074128-1006\Dc1\C\WINDOWS\qvdntlmw.dll.vir (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{8C459B98-89AA-45F6-A5B9-323014416103}\RP310\A0046819.dll (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{8C459B98-89AA-45F6-A5B9-323014416103}\RP310\A0046820.dll (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{8C459B98-89AA-45F6-A5B9-323014416103}\RP313\A0047693.dll (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{8C459B98-89AA-45F6-A5B9-323014416103}\RP313\A0047694.dll (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{8C459B98-89AA-45F6-A5B9-323014416103}\RP313\A0047695.exe (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{8C459B98-89AA-45F6-A5B9-323014416103}\RP317\A0052253.dll (Trojan.Proxy) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ylyjerul.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\Web\def.htm (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32smp\msrc.exe (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Larry\Desktopvirii\Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Agent.bl.exe (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Larry\Desktopvirii\Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Agent.p.exe (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Larry\Desktopvirii\Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Agent.r.exe (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Larry\Desktopvirii\Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Agent.t.exe (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Larry\Desktopvirii\Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Agent.v.exe (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\bdn.com (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\iTunesMusic.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Not selected for removal.
C:\WINDOWS\mssecu.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

This is the results of the second log:

Objects scanned: 181398
Time elapsed: 1 hour(s), 47 minute(s), 50 second(s)

Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 1

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
C:\WINDOWS\iTunesMusic.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Do I still need to run ComboFix? Do you want a new HJT log?

I'll check in the morning for your response. Sorry for my confusion. I copied the Show Results log and not the completed log as I didn't realize there was more than one.

Moe

lmjphoto
2008-04-01, 09:03
Went and ran HJT anyway so you have the log along with the information I sent in earlier.

Moe

It is as follows:
Scan saved at 1:56:05 AM, on 4/1/2008

Running processes:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\eMail ID\EmailIDBroker_1.exe

O16 - DPF: {6F15128C-E66A-490C-B848-5000B5ABEEAC} (HP Download Manager) - https://h20436.www2.hp.com/ediags/dex/secure/HPDEXAXO.cab

--
End of file - 12695 bytes

pskelley
2008-04-01, 12:49
I have a tool that allows me to look at the infected items in ths Kaspersky scan, but you can look also, just a matter of looking down the lines, in this KOS:
In this scan: Friday, March 28, 2008 2:08:26 PM
These items did not exist:
C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe ------> Trojan.Win32.Patched.aa
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe ------> Trojan.Win32.Patched.aa
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe ------> Trojan.Win32.Patched.aa
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe ------> Trojan.Win32.Patched.aa
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe ------> Trojan.Win32.Patched.aa
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe ------> Trojan.Win32.Patched.aa

In this scan: Monday, March 31, 2008 1:03:28 PM
They do, it is not difficult to see that if you look. Whatever they are occured in that time period. If it was on the computer at the time of the first scan, false postive, malware or whatever, it would have been in the first Kaspersky scan and it was not. My assumptions when I asked you to run that scan was that you would find two infected System Restore files, we would clean those and be done.

I am not seeing any malware in this log, can you tell me how the computer is running:
Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2 Scan saved at 1:56:05 AM, on 4/1/2008

To be sure we do not have a problem that must be addressed, please follow the directions to run combofix and post the combofix log.

Thanks

lmjphoto
2008-04-01, 19:57
Computer seems to be running Ok, but maybe a little slow - but at this point I'm so frustrated mayby I'm just being impatient. Went to run combofix and it sat at DOS deleting files screen for 3 1/2 hours doing nothing. Previous run of combofix didn't take that long. Rebooted computer to ask how long I need to let it sit or what to do next. I understand that those files you referenced showed up, but can't explain it. Wish I knew more about this stuff to help you, but I have followed all directions (and if they weren't clear, asked for further instructions - I'm not above that). Not sure what to do next, but I will wait to hear from you. Was last HJT log clean? Is there something else I can run to verify my machine is clean? What next?
Thanks,
Moe

pskelley
2008-04-01, 20:14
The last HJT log was clean and the combofix scan should only take about 20 minutes. When there is a problem it is normally caused by combofix being saved to other than the Desktop as instructed. Have a look at this tutorial and be sure you are following the directions.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofix

If it takes longer than 30 minutes to scan, abort and let me know.

Have a look at this information for ways to improve the computer's performance.
http://users.telenet.be/bluepatchy/miekiemoes/slowcomputer.html

lmjphoto
2008-04-03, 20:19
Phil,

Sorry for delay in getting back to you, but I ran into some serious problems. I was talking with a bunch of people about computer problems and the one I was having to warn them about this virus when one of the guys told me he was a systems guy and wanted to look at my machine. I told him I was almost done working with you (at least I thought we were getting close) but he insisted. He loaded AVG to my machine and deleted one of my essential files so I got the blue screen of death. I had most of my software with me when I was down here (FL) for 4 months, but forgot my system backup (won't do that again). He borrowed a neigbor's XP Home disk so he could get me back up and running. But there is one complication that still needs to be resolved. It wants the serial numbers from the other XP to activate the software on-line. So he has to get them later today and then switch them with mine after the activation. So I can't do much until he gets that done, but I did want to let you know why I hadn't replied.

I just now got the of use my computer, and there are a few items I know need to be addressed (my Roxio keeps wanting to install and I already packed the disks away). Needless to say I was unhappy about the whole thing since I am leaving shortly to go home. I will be home late Saturday night, so maybe I can continue this with you next week if that is OK.

Please advise,
Moe

lmjphoto
2008-04-03, 20:30
Ran HJT and this is my latest log:

Scan saved at 12:28:PM, on 04/03/2008
Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgcc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgamsvr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgupsvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgemc.exe

O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgcc.exe /STARTUP
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [AVG7_Run] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgw.exe /RUNONCE (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [AVG7_Run] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgw.exe /RUNONCE (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe (User 'Default user')
O9 - Extra button: Related - {c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} - C:\WINDOWS\web\related.htm
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Show &Related Links - {c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} - C:\WINDOWS\web\related.htm
O16 - DPF: {6F15128C-E66A-490C-B848-5000B5ABEEAC} (HP Download Manager) - https://h20436.www2.hp.com/ediags/dex/secure/HPDEXAXO.cab
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgamsvr.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgupsvc.exe
O23 - Service: AVG E-mail Scanner (AVGEMS) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgemc.exe

--
End of file - 9965 bytes

pskelley
2008-04-03, 21:14
I don't see any problems in the HJT log, but I have no idea what you have this "systems guy" doing? Since he is already hands on, have him continue, I will close this topic. If you are unable to resolve the issues using him, open a new topic and whoever reponds can go from there.

Thanks