PDA

View Full Version : Firefox cookies exception

ianos
2008-03-29, 12:14
Hello, my first post, asking your help.
The story is this: I use Firefox 2, cookies disabled, spybot 1.5.2. Unfortunately some sites (mostly fora and banks) need to leave cookies, otherwise they are not functional, so I include these few sites to the Cookies Exception List of Firefox, in order to accept cookies only from these sites. This List includes only ten sites. Now the problem:
Every week that I'm updating Spybot, this List becomes huge, including over a hundred sites, so I have to deleted them manually and leave only the usual ten sites I want in the List. This is happening every week, last two months and as you understand is very annoying... I have also nod32, which founds no problem in scans, so does the spybot too.
Any ideas to get rid of this problem?
Thank you in advance!

PiCoPi
2008-03-29, 13:36
Hello, my first post, asking your help.
The story is this: I use Firefox 2, cookies disabled, spybot 1.5.2. Unfortunately some sites (mostly fora and banks) need to leave cookies, otherwise they are not functional, so I include these few sites to the Cookies Exception List of Firefox, in order to accept cookies only from these sites. This List includes only ten sites. Now the problem:
Every week that I'm updating Spybot, this List becomes huge, including over a hundred sites, so I have to deleted them manually and leave only the usual ten sites I want in the List. This is happening every week, last two months and as you understand is very annoying... I have also nod32, which founds no problem in scans, so does the spybot too.
Any ideas to get rid of this problem?
Thank you in advance!
I think this list is for the hundreds of sites the cookies of which should be blocked.

ianos
2008-03-30, 10:38
I think this list is for the hundreds of sites the cookies of which should be blocked.

No, no my friend, it's the opposite. Go to Tools > Options > Privacy and look at the "Accept cookies from sites". I have this feature unchecked, and in the "Exception" button I list the sites I want to accept cookies from. That's the list I'm talking about: My usual list includes about ten sites only, but every time I update the Spybot, this list becomes huge and includes over a hundred sites, and then I have to delete them every time and leave only the ten sites I want !!!

Anyway, thank you my friend for your time!

ianos
2008-04-01, 07:31
Any ideas? No one? :sad:

Zenobia
2008-04-01, 08:00
I think those hundreds of sites might be in there if you have cookies immunized for Firefox in Spybot.They should have Block beside most of them.
If you would like to remove the sites in the Exceptions list,try opening Spybot,click Immunize.In the window to the right,rightclick and select deselect all.Then,under Firefox,put a checkmark beside Cookies,then click Undo.That should remove the sites listed under Exceptions in Privacy.

ianos
2008-04-02, 15:26
Thank you! I will check it out and let you know the results.

Zenobia
2008-04-02, 21:32
You're welcome. :)

ianos
2008-04-03, 12:07
I think those hundreds of sites might be in there if you have cookies immunized for Firefox in Spybot.They should have Block beside most of them.
If you would like to remove the sites in the Exceptions list,try opening Spybot,click Immunize.In the window to the right,rightclick and select deselect all.Then,under Firefox,put a checkmark beside Cookies,then click Undo.That should remove the sites listed under Exceptions in Privacy.

Yes!!! Thank you very much my friend! Everything's OK now! :bigthumb::yahoo::yahoo::bigthumb:

Zenobia
2008-04-04, 04:10
Good,glad it worked :)