PDA

View Full Version : Install w/o internet connection

HairyTheWombat
2006-02-23, 20:05
Hello,
I am trying to fix a laptop with no internet connection. I am as of yet unable to get it to recognize any adapter or device. I would like to run SpyBot but I get stuck at the part where it wants to DL from server to install. Is there a full install package I can DL?
Thanks

md usa spybot fan
2006-02-23, 20:39
I am a little confused by the following statement:

I am as of yet unable to get it to recognize any adapter or device.
So I'm not sure how you are getting the Spybot installation program (spybotsd14.exe) onto the non internet connected system.

In any case, if you are able to install Spybot and unable to get the updates using the integrated update facility, you can manually download an update file/program (spybotsd_includes.exe) from safer-networking.org. After downloading the update file you can transfer the update file/program to the non internet connected system same way that you transferred the Spybot installation file/program (spybotsd14.exe). Then execute update file/program (spybotsd_includes.exe) on the non-internet connected system. The file is located here:
Downloads – Home of Spybot-S&D!
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/index.html
The download item is:
Detection updates 2006-02-17 - product description
md5: A2A7A6A3D7F8079EEDEE205173368947

This updates the detection rules. Only needed if you do not want to use the update function integrated into Spybot-S&D.

The direct link is:
http://www.spybotupdates.com/updates/files/spybotsd_includes.exe
This manual update file is updated around the same time that the updates are made available via the integrated update facility. The description changes on the download page but the download url remains constant.

HairyTheWombat
2006-02-23, 21:37
Sorry, What I meant was that it would not recognize network adapters/modems.

Those instructions worked fine. I installed from a flash drive and it is working perfectly.

many thanks, and much respect