PDA

View Full Version : Nod32 just detects the spybot contains virus

lckuok
2008-03-30, 13:20
Just trying to setup this computer here but i figure everytime i try to install spybot it just stops it and saying that the is-6B6KO.tmp contains the newheur_pe virus, and everytime i try and do a fresh install the file actually changes, this time it's the is-SF7KU.tmp that contains the virus, is it that i got a bad copy of spybot?

C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\is-6B6KO.tmp\spybotsd152.tmp <- the example path

2008-03-31, 05:39
well if u were not just downloading spybot and u had it for a long time i would say it is detecting a viruis that is in spybots quarenteen files. but since u are first installing it, thats weird. try installing it from the home page by clicking home at the top right of this page and download spybot from safer networking mirror. See if that helps. post back and let me know. could be possible false positive. try updating nod32.

markozmak
2008-07-22, 11:10
I had the same issue, I have updated NOD32 and now everything's OK, it doesn't detect spybot installation file as a virus.

drragostea
2008-07-22, 20:50
I recall that a program can be used without 'literally' installing it into the OS.

Say like you have the program' HiJackThis'. If the HiJack .exe file is "found" in the Temp. files, it could mean that it was used there. The copy will be erased when the Temp. folder is clean.

lckuok and markozmak, can you try to delete everything in the Temp. folder? Run "%temp%" without the quotes and drag everything to the Recycle Bin.