PDA

View Full Version : Can't run new install of 1.5.2

tmcgonegal
2008-04-01, 15:24
I downloaded 1.5.2 yesterday and saved the download on a thumb drive. I took it to a friend's house. The friend was having troubles and could not access the internet. I installed 1.5.2 and intended to run it. I immunized successfully but of course could not search for updates due to no internet access. I tried to do a S&D but got a pop-up window saying I had to update first. I did not have any updates on my thumb drive and could not access the internet. There were some 82000+ items protected according to Immunize. Why can't I run the program in this situation?

spybotsandra
2008-04-01, 15:27
Hello,

Please download the update file on another computer, copy these to a CD or USB stick and then install and run it on the other computer:
Update file (http://www.spybotupdates.com/updates/files/spybotsd_includes.exe) (run it after the installation)

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

tmcgonegal
2008-04-01, 15:49
Thank you Sandra. Would you agree that is a deficiency that maybe could use a fix or change? Consider the circumstances I was in yesterday. I simply couldn't run Spybot S&D even though I went through a full install and Immunization.

Of course, it won't happen to me again! I did download the updates and thank you for the link.

Tom