PDA

View Full Version : Fixing problems hangs computer

Mainiac
2008-04-01, 17:45
Brand new to this, but believe I followed all the instructions correctly. Using default mode Spybot takes 42+ minutes to scan and finds 114 items. When I click on Fix I get the hourglass for 3-7 minutes then two repeating error messages -
"Unexpected error in fixing problems (Out of memory)"
"Failed to load C:/Program files/Spybot_Search_Destroy\DelZip179.dll"

The program is totally locked up at this point. Running XP2. Have other detection software, but have it all de-activated when running SpyBot. Did try re-installing already. Any suggestions out there?

2008-04-01, 18:49
by restarting your computer. hit f8 until u get several options listed on the screen. one will say safe mode, move your up and down arrow keys on the keyboard to select safe mode and hit enter. boot into safe mode, and then scan all your scans and remove anything found. You have some serious infections here from the sound of it. I would also suggest posting in the malware removal forum.

I suggest you post in the malware removal forum since u stated that safe mode doesn't help. When seeking malware assistance: please post in the malware removal forum.
before you post read this:
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288

Here is the link to the malware removal forum:
http://forums.spybot.info/forumdisplay.php?f=22

Yodama
2008-04-02, 07:44
The program is totally locked up at this point. Running XP2. Have other detection software, but have it all de-activated when running SpyBot. Did try re-installing already. Any suggestions out there?

after scanning please try this:

right click on the results screen within Spybot S&D and deselect all
expand the tree view of the scan result so the items of a product are visible
now select a small number of items for instance 10 items and click on fix selected problems
if this works repeat the last step until all items have been fixed
if this does not work you may need to decrease the number of items to be fixed at a time