PDA

View Full Version : New computer: Spybot won't scan properly

Mele20
2006-02-24, 10:22
I have a new computer and just installed 1.4 and I have several problems. Spybot takes about THREE SECONDS to scan and reports no problems. :(

The Main screen now says "no detection updates installed". But I just installed them all and Spybot said they installed successfully. So???

I have NO PRODUCTS listed when I click on Ignore Products.

This is on XP Pro SP2.

Zenobia
2006-02-24, 11:46
Please see this,from md usa spybot fans post:

Have you re-booted since installing and updating Spybot? Re-booting may solve the problem.

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?p=7590#post7590

Zenobia
2006-02-24, 12:36
Sorry,I also meant to post this:

The Main screen now says "no detection updates installed". But I just installed them all and Spybot said they installed successfully. So???

I have NO PRODUCTS listed when I click on Ignore Products.

Have you shutdown Spybot since you installed it?If I'm remembering this right from previous installs,the detection updates don't show on the info and license page,and there is nothing in the Ignore Products section until you shutdown Spybot,then restart it again.

Mele20
2006-02-24, 13:42
I just wrote a long answer and lost the entire thing when I tried to post! What is wrong with this forum so that it logs you out while you are writing your answer?

That really irritates me when forums do that.

I'm too tired to write all that again.

Zenobia
2006-02-24, 14:00
You could try making the spybot forum cookie always allowed.That helps some.

Internet Explorer:
go to tools->Internet Options->click the privacy tab,then sites->type in spybot.info,then click allow.

I usually copy my posts before I hit reply,just in case.

Sometimes if I log back in on the page that pops up,my post is already posted,even though I got logged out.

Maybe you could just post a brief something,so someone can help you if you're still having trouble?