PDA

View Full Version : Spybot Version 1.4

Shelley
2008-04-03, 16:31
Hi,
I am running Spybot version 1.4 and just noticed that there is an update to version 1.5.2. If I am happy with verson 1.4(and just continue to download updates) must I update to 1.5.2? Also, if I do decide to update to version 1.5.2 must I uninstall version 1.4 or will it overide(overwrite) the old version? I also do not use teatimer, do I have this same option not to install teatimer in version 1.5.2 and if so, how do I do that?

Thanks team spybot!!!

Shelley

spybotsandra
2008-04-03, 16:35
Hello,

The new version has improved features and scanning routines, so i recommend an upgrade. You can install over the old version.
You will find links to several download locations on our website.
These mirrors are partners who provide places to host Spybot-S&D for us.
You can download from one of them, it's secure and they all contain the same data:
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/mirrors/index.html
Or choose the direct installation file (http://www.spybotupdates.com/files/spybotsd152.exe).
Please search for new updates after installing Spybot-S&D 1.5.2.

If you do not want to use the TeaTimer you can disable it.
- Go into Spybot - Mode - Advanced Mode - Tools - Resident.
- Uncheck the following: Resident "TeaTimer" (Protection of over-all system settings) Active.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

Shelley
2008-04-03, 16:50
Thanks Sandra,

I also do not use the immunization....can I disable that feature as well (if so how)?

I do not have time at this moment to update to the new version but will soon and thanks for your reply. So for today, am I ok to run version 1.4 with the newest updates?

Thanks again team Spybot.

Shelley

spybotsandra
2008-04-03, 16:52
Hello,

It is ok...you can do it later on when you have time. ;)
If you do not click on immunize in the new version you won't be immunized.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

Shelley
2008-04-03, 17:23
Ok Sandra,
Thanks again and take care!!!

Have a great day!!

Shelley :)