PDA

View Full Version : Outerinfo Tyranny

Ned613
2008-04-03, 16:57
I am running Windows XP and Internet Explorer 6. My PC recently became infected with Outerinfo mal-ware. I looked at some of the archived threads about removing this and they seem very labor intensive. I have a backup of the Windows Registry only a few months old. Can I import the old registry or is there more to removing Outerinfo mal-war.
If its too much effort I can have my Tech Spport re-ghost my harddrive. BTW, I had this mal-ware once before and it seemed the more I tried to remove it the more agrressive the popups were.
Thanks for any and all assistance,
Ned

tashi
2008-04-03, 17:39
Hello.

Please see the stickied procedure for this forum: "BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance) (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288)

If that looks too labour intensive (and bare in mind we have a backlog of members waiting to be helped here); it might be best as you have tech support to allow them to assist. So you can get back on the road again as soon as possible. :)

Otherwise start a new topic and I will close this one as helpers look for threads with no response. ;)

Cheers.