PDA

View Full Version : Boot registry change:autocheck autochk *\lsdelete\; is this a bad thing?

geode
2008-04-04, 18:45
Hi,

I am new to Spybot as of today and happy to be joining this knowledgeable community. I hope someone can help me with this question. I saw a similar question in the archives when I googled the results I got. So here it is:

when Spybot runs at startup, I get a message that "an important registry change" has occured and the choice to allow or deny the change.
Old data: autocheck autochk *
New data: autocheck autochk *\lsdelete\

So far I have denied the change twice. Is this registry change a threat? Is there a way to deal with it so I don't get this message in the future?

Thanks for any and all help. - geo

md usa spybot fan
2008-04-04, 18:58
geode:

Is this registry change a threat?
I personally do not believe it is. Please see:
Value changed
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=26385

Is there a way to deal with it so I don't get this message in the future?
Do an "Allow change", do a "Deny change" with a "Remember this decision" or uninstall Ad-Aware 2007 if I am correct about the source of the registry change.

geode
2008-04-04, 19:08
Thanks, yes, I also run Ad-Aware 2007. I will allow the change. Thanks for the quick help!

geode

Fussile
2009-02-11, 19:03
I don't have lavasoft i use spybot to search for it.

oalomark
2009-02-28, 20:44
I also continuously get the "Boot registry change: autocheck autochk *\lsdelete\SsiEfr.exe\ .... message. I keep on accepting it, and also tell Spybot to remember it, but no solution. I have Ad-aware, Webroot-Spy-sweeper, and Spyware-Terminator. I had no problems for the last years until 2 weeks ago. Any help will be appreciated.