PDA

View Full Version : non existant registry entries

computerresq
2008-04-05, 13:48
Ive used s and d for years but only recently used the jump to location tool for registry entries, more often than not i have noticed that the reported entries do not exist ive used regedit to scour and browse to actuall location only to find no entries at all are these FP's or am i doing something wrong

Any help or comments please

Richard

md usa spybot fan
2008-04-05, 17:52
computerresq:

The facility to display detected registry entries appears to be working properly to me. Note: If Registry Editor is not running, you must click on the registry button twice or right click on the detection detail > run the cursor over More details > select Jump to location twice, once to start registry editor and a second time to locate the registry entry itself.

Since you indicate that you can not find the entries even manually, it may be helpful if you posted a log of the actual detections you received and could not find in the registry. Either the Checks.yymmdd-hhmm.log or the Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm.log should show the detections.

Note: By default here are two Checks.yymmdd-hhmm.log files produced during a scan. The second Checks.yymmdd-hhmm.log has the details of what the scan found. A Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm.log file is produced if you fix or attempt to fix something.

There are two methods to copy and post the information from previous scans:
Method 1:
Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced mode > Tools > View Reports > View Previous reports. Look for the Checks.yymmdd-hhmm.log or Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm.log file that contains the detections that you like help with. Open it. To copy it to the Clipboard, right click on the listing and select Select All > Right click again and select Copy. Paste (Ctrl+V) the contents of the Clipboard into a new post in this thread.
Method 2
The Checks.yymmdd-hhmm.log and Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm.log files are stored in the following folders:
Windows 95 or 98:
C:\Windows\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
Windows ME:
C:\Windows\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
Windows NT, 2000 or XP:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
Windows Vista:
C:\ProgramData\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
Using Windows Explorer, navigate to the correct Checks.yymmdd-hhmm.log or Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm.log file. Double click on it and it should open with Notepad. To copy it to the Clipboard, right click on the listing and select Select All > Right click again and select Copy. Paste (Ctrl+V) the contents of the Clipboard into a new post in this thread.