PDA

View Full Version : Teatimer message popping up again and again

jokobe
2008-04-07, 17:53
I just installed a new I-Tunes version. Now a team timer message is popping up again and again:
"Change denied for Quicktimetask (category System start up) based on your blakcklist" (a rough translation).

I don't want to allow the change, but I can't catch the process to stop this behaviour.

Any helpfull hint?

Thanks in advance

jokobe

spybotsandra
2008-04-07, 17:59
Hello,

You have added the registry change to your black list, so it is being blocked and you get a notification that it is blocked.

So what do you want exactly? Not to have those messages? Or to remove this item from the blacklist?

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

jokobe
2008-04-07, 18:34
A way to kill the process, so it is not popping up for ages.
By the way, this happens with every itunes update.

jokobe

spybotsandra
2008-04-08, 11:22
Hello,

TeaTimer takes snapshots of Registry entries and compares these with the Registry at startup. Until these snapshots are updated you are likely to get pop-ups (at startup) of changes you made in the past. In other words, TeaTimer attempts to return the Registry to the state it was in when the snapshot was taken. This happens primarily when you reboot the system. To refresh TeaTimer's snapshot files:

* Right click Spybot's TeaTimer System Tray Icon > click Exit Spybot-S&D Resident.
o TeaTimer closes.
o TeaTimer's snapshot files are refreshed at this time.
* Restart TeaTimer:
o Using Windows Explorer, navigate to C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy.
o Double click TeaTimer.exe to start it.

If you periodically recycle TeaTimer the problem will be diminished but not necessarily totally eliminated. As an alternative you can periodically just shut down TeaTimer as outlined above without restarting it just prior to shutting down the system to refresh the snapshot files.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot