PDA

View Full Version : Spybot Freeze during Scan issue

pablo222
2008-04-08, 09:39
I have noticed that at times the scan freezes up for a period of time.

I have norton but will be changing it to bitdefender within a few days.

Norton does not seem to stop Zlob virus and it keeps showing up. I have done deep scans and it is never really totally removed by anything so far including spybot. I never had this problem before. I purchased a new computer with brand new installs of all my programs and wham first day out on the net I get zlob's newest trojan.

I know how zlob normally gets into a computer. Something that is annoying but then I do like being in MSN and Yahoo too much to stop where the zlob gets access. Normally it gets in through a popup that if you click anywhere on the window well there you go you have accessed the zlob newest trojan.

Not sure if there is any new ways to prevent this but then others using my computer do not care at times and just click close and bang the zlob beings its annoying popup madness.

Norton does absolutely nothing to prevent this from happening. So I will be changing from Internet security 2008 and their antivirus to the new bitdefender mod that has come out. It can not be any worse for certain. I have had many of these and the best was Norton 2006 but really hate the 2008 version. It really sucks more than I can stand!

I used spybot as a quick fix for removing the problematic zlob so that I can regain control of my computer. However, the zlob is not totally removed and it come back at times when I use certain parts of programs it had attached to.

But the main problem seems to be this freeze up. It will scan like it did the first 10 time or so then just stops for some reason. It may sit for 20 minutes before restarting the scan to another point and just stop for several more minutes but it does complete the scan.

What bothers me is that this is normally the mark of a virus or problem attaching to main security of spybot. So has anyone else had this or is it normal for spybot to do this? Since I have never had spybot before this year, not sure what to think about it yet. But one thing is for sure I hate my main security program Norton since it is not preventing viruses or spyware from getting into my computer. Its like I have no security with their newest version 2008.

I would like to know what's what with Spybot. I may keep it then again maybe not. Not sure yet what to think. Thus why I am asking the question.

Please advise.

tashi
2008-04-08, 18:38
Hello,

Did you run Spybot-S&D in safe mode using the latest version and definitions? Open Spybot Search & Destroy > Help > About.

If Spybot-S&D does not detect or remove an item and you can find the files, please zip or rar them and send to: detections@spybot.info

You may have an incorrect perception of the Zlob trojan, please see:
Warning! Infection via bad CODEC installs. Zlob. Smitfraud. (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=7344)

An incomplete removal of the Zlob trojan may be causing the freeze up.

If you would like to request assistance to remove an infection, please follow the procedure in this link:
"BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance) (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288)

Then start your own thread in the Malware Removal Forum (http://forums.spybot.info/forumdisplay.php?f=22) where a helper will advise you when available.

Cheers.

drragostea
2008-04-09, 01:27
Pablo, would you consider reformatting your PC? And as a note... do not let other users into the Admin account. Thats how your account is infected. You said others don't care and click on "whatever" and there comes zlob. Eh. I would suggest SpywareBlaster and Superantispyware for removing tough, persistent spyware like zlob. :euro:

tashi
2008-04-09, 04:05
Hello drragostea,

Pablo, would you consider reformatting your PC? And as a note... do not let other users into the Admin account. Thats how your account is infected. You said others don't care and click on "whatever" and there comes zlob. Eh. I would suggest SpywareBlaster and Superantispyware for removing tough, persistent spyware like zlob. :euro:

pablo222 has not responded to my post yet. :p:

We do not suggest to members that they reformat except as a last resort. Such advice would be provided by one of our trained malware forum helpers after analysis.

Also, SpywareBlaster does not 'remove' malware, and certain Zlob variants often have to be manually removed.

This forum is for Spybot-S&D support, thank you in advance. ;)

drragostea
2008-04-09, 21:46
Also, SpywareBlaster does not 'remove' malware...
I knew that. Then instead of helping... I should not post at all?

tashi
2008-04-10, 00:46
Of course you can post. :yes:

Anyway let's get this thread back on topic. ;)

drragostea
2008-04-10, 00:50
Sure why not. >:D