PDA

View Full Version : Ads served by DCAD

Maziel
2008-04-08, 16:39
Good morning.

Firstly, thank you all who brought us Spybot Search & Destroy. I use it both at work and home and it has saved me a lot of trouble.

On the Work PC, I ran in to a bit of a problem though. This PC is used by more than one staff member and so the DCAD ads could have come from any one using this PC.

I ran spybot and it didn't detect these Ads so that left me scratching my head.

In my search, I discoverd that apparently I 'need' Spyware Doctor to remove them, seems like nothing else will work. I find that to be a load of hog-wash. To me, it seems that the company who makes Spyware Doctor has created some form of annoyance that leads you to their product and then won't remove the problem unless you buy their product.

So I did what any half educated PC user would do, cracked their program, removed the/thier ads.

Anyhoo, my point I suppose of bringing it up here is that during my search on google etc I found that there were a lot of people who seem to be suffering with the DCAD ads annoyance and since it is solveable by deleting some registery entries and files from the system 32 folder, perhaps Spybot could look in to which files to remove / detect and add the ability to remove these pop up adverts with ease so that companies like Spyware Doctor stop making money from poor souls who seem to be forced by them to buy their product to remove a pop up that in my opinion they created themselves. Sure, I have no evidence that it is them whom created it, but my gut says it is them since everything seems to lead you back to their product alone. Sneaky business men I say.

So yeah, I just wanted to point out the DCAD ad problem (which I have solved now so not here to ask for any aid in removing it), and see if the Spybot Team want to look in to adding this on to their program.

Thank you for reading and more thanks for your wonderful program.

Edit: Is there anyway for the Spybot-SD Resident to block those Intelli Ads that pop up when mouse overing words in websites which seems to be the latest annoyance. Thx.

Kind regards,
Maz.