PDA

View Full Version : Resident IE and My Yahoo

doodleswest
2008-04-09, 06:28
When I have Resident IE set to block silently, it causes problems with My Yahoo homepage. It must be blocking an ad server, but it also disables the ability to drag modules and to get a mouseover preview on news. Changing the Resident setting to allow me to choose causes many warnings to pop up on multiple sites.

I assume the adserver caused problems in the past so it is being block...but who goes back to Yahoo to tell them to stop the porblem? Does Spybot ever take a site off the block list? Finally, why is this screwing up other functions?

(Sorry this should be moved to a different category)

doodleswest
2008-04-10, 16:01
any thoughts ?? Please????

doodleswest
2008-04-13, 04:58
Surely the developers can try to answer this.

drragostea
2008-04-13, 15:37
Are you saying that your Yahoo! homepage will not display? Or are there ads popping up? Specify your problem.

doodleswest
2008-04-13, 17:06
The My Yahoo page displays as it should...sometimes the big ad that they put at the right is blank. The problem is most of the time (maybe 80%), when resident IE is set to block pages silently, I cannot drag My Yahoo modules to new locations and when I put my mouse over a news headline, I cannot see the preview that is supposed to pop up. I know that Spybot Resident IE is causing this, because when I set the Resident IE to "ask for blocking confirmation" I never have this problem...but then I get bombarded with alerts when on ebay and Amazon sites. Yahoo must use a variety of ad servers, some of which Resident IE sees as bad sites. why a major site like Yahoo sends me to questionable sites is a serious question...maybe these sites had problems which have been corrected. Would that get the sites taken off the bad list? Can someone reach Yahoo and resolve this? Why does blocking the ad affect the other functionality? This raises key questions about the use of resident IE.

drragostea
2008-04-13, 22:00
Well, doodle, my Yahoo! page on Mozilla Firefox 2 is running smoothly and I have the IE Bad-download blocker on. I have also tried the Yahoo! page with Internet Explorer 7. If you continue seeing these "ads" I would suggest reinstalling a fresh copy of Spybot-SD (v.1.5.2.20). If this does not resolve the issue, then I would suggest disabling the IE blocker. I have the blocker enabled but I do not use IE often.