PDA

View Full Version : exception processing message, etc...

jagdboy
2008-04-10, 02:00
quote from newbe57:

"My problem is this: Whenever I attempt to run the Spybot Scan I get a Windows dialog box open with the following message >>>> Windows - No Disk
Exception Processing Message C0000013
Parameters 75b6bf9c 4 75b6bf9c 75b6bbf9c
With options of >>>> Cancel , Try Again , Continue"

i have the same problem, running XP Pro SP2.

have to go to task manager, end process for spybotSD.exe, and then i can finally cancel out the "exception processing message" dialog box that i can't click away.

problem began immediately after installing latest version.

need to clean up some bugs, so pretty worried about not being able to run the app!

my C drive is already designated as "Local Drive", so the removable media solution won't apply. and my C drive has always been the same, no sudden changes there...

any chance the new version will have a workaround? i've been using spybot for years, and this is a new problem, and a big enough one for me to finally sign up for the forums, heh!

might even have to donate if i can fix this

spybotsandra
2008-04-10, 13:07
Hello,

At first please make sure that you are running the latest version of Spybot - Search & Destroy including the latest updates.

To see which version number and/or updates of Spybot - Search & Destroy you are using please run Spybot-S&D and choose "Help" --> "About" in the menu bar.
There you can see which version you have and which updates are installed.
It should be version 1.5.2 and the updates from the 2008/04/09.

If this does not help this is a known problem which can occur in Windows.
The problem is usually cause by having Drive C assigned to a device with removable media. If you have that situation then either put media in Drive C or reassign the device to another letter.

There are instructions for reassigning the device to another letter here:
Microsoft Support (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;330137)

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

jagdboy
2008-04-15, 03:56
Local Drive = C

local drive is the hard drive i boot from with XP2 as the OS

running latest version 1.5.2 (which is when all the trouble started)

i've uninstalled and re-installed it with reboots in between.

there's a problem with the software your running i would say...