PDA

View Full Version : microsoft.windowssecuritycenter_disabled

Siouxcity
2008-04-10, 14:47
Hi, vers 1.5.2.; OS xpsp2. I am having a red entry recur "microsoft.windowssecuritycenter_disabled" repeatedly show up in my scans???
I fix it and check for updates daily and rescan and it is there again?

My notebook is running fine, no issues...however this repeated entry and so I am wondering what it is all about and what the fix is for it to delete it permanently...or is it supposed to do this...is it one of my settings?
I am no computer techie and so if it can be explained in plain language I would be much obliged, thank you.
BTW, I hope that I have posted this in the correct place, again thank you.

spybotsandra
2008-04-10, 15:00
Hello,

Spybot - Search & Destroy is detecting Windows Security Center associated with Microsoft Security Center Registry changes. This is neither a false positive nor a bug. It is just an information.
Spybot-S&D only wants to bring to your attention that "someone" disabled one or more notifications in the Windows Security Center, e.g. the notifications that your virus protection is not active or not up-to-date. If you changed the settings yourself you can safely tell Spybot-S&D to exclude those detections from further scans.
In order to do so please right-click each in turn, then click "exclude this detection from future scans". That way, should any other part of security center settings change, Spybot-S&D will still detect those.
The same is true if you have another security solution installed (like McAfee Security Center or Norton Internet Security). These programs do also disable the Windows Security Center in order to take care of things themselves.
The reason why the changes are flagged by Spybot-S&D is that there are also malware programs that disable the notifications so the user doesn't take note of his security tools not being effective.

Some more information is also available in our forum:
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=87

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

Siouxcity
2008-04-10, 21:09
Thx for the prompt reply....it must be the NAV 2007 that is causing this then as I don't have their Security Internet Program thought I find their A/V bloated, it is a requirement of work and I use it regularly to a "t" and actually have had my notebooks clean and that has been for 7 years now. I use it along with spybot, spyware blaster and my hosts file.
I tried other security programs and found conflict and so I simply kept to quality ones and use of common sense.