PDA

View Full Version : Alexa Related

javy9.27
2005-11-08, 03:49
Hello well im new here so sry if this is the wrong forum. Well I recently just got the trojan or w/e Alexa Related and I ran Spybot S&D to remove it and it said it was removed. I then rebooted my comuter because a file:
NewsUpdate: Program directory (Directory, fixing failed)
C:\Program Files\Creative\News\

could not be fixed. When I ran spybot again ( I was not in room when it finished), i got a bunch of errors and one said that i did not have enough memory to continue so i rebooted and ran it again and the same thing happened. It also said in the log that:
Alexa Related: Link (Replace file, fixed)
C:\WINDOWS\Web\RELATED.HTM

but when i go to google i get transfered to sum related site. I then reran spybot to make sure it was completely gone and it said it was gone but i still get the related page problem. Can someone help me plz :) thx

spybotsandra
2005-11-08, 09:53
Hello,

Which version of Spybot do you run?
Do you have installed the updates?

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

javy9.27
2005-11-10, 01:20
I am running 1.4 and i have all the updates

EDIT::: It seems that I have resolved the problem. Thanks anyway

tashi
2005-11-10, 08:44
Thank you for letting us know. :)

europanorama
2006-02-28, 01:31
i cannot remove alexa related. its says it will be removed after reboot. but it is still detected. the same with windows active desktop. somewhere is read alexa is needed for windows. i have win2k.
i ran all kind of security and cleaning-software. only spybot is detecting this.

europanorama
2006-02-28, 01:34
i cannot remove alexa related. its says it will be removed after reboot. but it is still detected. the same with windows active desktop. somewhere is read alexa is needed for windows. i have win2k.
i ran all kind of security and cleaning-software. only spybot is detecting this.
sorry i had to activate email-notification.