PDA

View Full Version : Missing Process List in Tools Menu.

cliff.rigg
2008-04-12, 22:24
Hi,

I had been using Spybot S&D 1.4 very satisfactorily for over a year when I recieved an automatic update to 1.5 about a month ago. I noticed that within Add/Remove Programs BOTH versions were present and so attempted to uninstall 1.4 and managed to uninstall 1.5 instead!
Next, and after some difficulty, I managed to uninstall the remaining version 1.4, ran the registry cleanup file (remove-spybotsd-settings.reg), rebooted and reinstalled spybot S&D 1.5.

This installation fully updated itself and I ran a full scan successfully afterwards. When I went to the 'Tools' menu, however, all utilities were present EXCEPT the 'Process List' option that I found very useful in version 1.4

Should the 'Process List' option be available in version 1.5 and, if so, has anyone come across this problem before, furthermore is there a way of getting my beloved 'Process List' option back again?

Please help...

md usa spybot fan
2008-04-12, 23:18
cliff.rigg:

I had been using Spybot S&D 1.4 very satisfactorily for over a year when I recieved an automatic update to 1.5 about a month ago. I noticed that within Add/Remove Programs BOTH versions were present and so attempted to uninstall 1.4 and managed to uninstall 1.5 instead!
Next, and after some difficulty, I managed to uninstall the remaining version 1.4, ran the registry cleanup file (remove-spybotsd-settings.reg), rebooted and reinstalled spybot S&D 1.5.
If you still have two entries in Add/Remove Programs please read:
Two Spybots in control panel
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=25232

This installation fully updated itself and I ran a full scan successfully afterwards. When I went to the 'Tools' menu, however, all utilities were present EXCEPT the 'Process List' option that I found very useful in version 1.4

Should the 'Process List' option be available in version 1.5 and, if so, has anyone come across this problem before, furthermore is there a way of getting my beloved 'Process List' option back again?
The "Process List" option is still available in Spybot 1.5 » Tools. If it is not listed in the left hand pane, it should be available in the right hand pane. Also if it is in the right hand pane and not the left hand pane, you can check it in the right hand pane and then it will appear in the left hand pane.

bitman
2008-04-13, 06:48
cliff.rigg:

The "Process List" option is still available in Spybot 1.5 » Tools. If it is not listed in the left hand pane, it should be available in the right hand pane. Also if it is in the right hand pane and not the left hand pane, you can check it in the right hand pane and then it will appear in the left hand pane.

That was "pane-ful", cut out all the juggling md, you're making me dizzy! :laugh:

Bitman

md usa spybot fan
2008-04-13, 07:05
bitman:

Sorry that pane-ful for you, but I don't know else to discribe it since cliff.rigg apparentally doesn't see the option.

cliff.rigg
2008-04-13, 14:34
Hi md,

Thanks for the help with the Proces List problem - such a simple answer that I can't believe I didn't see it for myself (ever felt stupid??). All that I can say in mitigation is that I'd had a hard day chasing segmentation faults and my brain was fried.

My experience with this forum has been much better than some others I've looked at. Keep up the great work...