PDA

View Full Version : Lock down IE settings missing

ndmmxiaomayi
2008-04-13, 13:40
Think I must have been blind for quite long... :red:

I've got 2 machines, one XP and the other one Vista. Both of them have the latest version of Spybot installed.

On the Vista machine, I can't find nor see Lock down IE settings under Miscellaneous locks. The only thing that I can lock down is my HOSTS file.

Whereas on the XP machine, I can see 3 boxes under Miscellaneous lock.

Some other details:

XP Machine

XP SP2, fully patched
Using IE6

Vista Machine

No service packs, but it's fully patched as well

drragostea
2008-04-13, 15:53
I was just wondering if Windows Vista SP1 will correct the settings because it has been released sometime ago. :) I just checked the Advanced Settings of Spybot-SD (latest version) and I found that it had three settings under miscellaneous (Windows XP Home). I'm not sure what the problem is with Vista though...:crowned:

Terminator
2008-04-13, 17:24
I have Vista Home Premium SP1 and I only have the one tick box avaliable so I assume it must be a Vista thing, but as I never used the other 2 options anyway it doesn't bother me

Zenobia
2008-04-13, 18:47
I have the same on Vista,only the tickbox for locking down the host file.

drragostea
2008-04-13, 22:02
Then its the codes written on Vista that is the problem? In other words, the code written for Vista by Spybot-SD is lacking something?

ndmmxiaomayi
2008-04-14, 07:23
Is there a reason why locking down IE isn't available in Vista?

Terminator
2008-04-14, 13:31
It MAY have something to do with the "Protected Mode" feature in the Vista version of IE 7, see this link for details (http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/windowsvista/features/details/ie7protectedmode.mspx).

ndmmxiaomayi
2008-04-16, 07:48
Hmm... I guess so...