PDA

View Full Version : Bewildered.

drragostea
2008-04-14, 00:56
"Access violation at address 004B6BE9 in module 'TeaTimer.exe'. Read of address 00000010."

Apparently, this window popped up when I tried to restart my computer after running Teatimer for the first time. There was no OK button in the middle of the window... just blank with the message on top. Following that, there was a window saying Spybot-SD was not reponding. I chose to end it to restart the computer. Any ideas?

drragostea
2008-04-15, 05:40
I'm frustrated. I continue to receive the same message over, and over, and over again each time I shut-down or restart my computer. It's either the message or a window pops up saying Spybot-Sd encountered a problem and needs to close. :sad: Any suggestions would be welcome.

Greyfox
2008-04-15, 07:08
"Access violation at address 004B6BE9 in module 'TeaTimer.exe'. Read of address 00000010."

Apparently, this window popped up when I tried to restart my computer after running Teatimer for the first time. There was no OK button in the middle of the window... just blank with the message on top. Following that, there was a window saying Spybot-SD was not reponding. I chose to end it to restart the computer. Any ideas?

If you untick Resident Teatimer in tools/Resident does SpybotSD then run normally and complete scans normally - ie. do you only get the message if Teatimer is made resident?

drragostea
2008-04-16, 01:47
Spybot runs fine, everything is good and I have the latest version. It's just that when I turn off my computer it tells me that "violation of address xxxxxx". So I'm not sure. :sad:

PiCoPi
2008-04-16, 03:22
Spybot runs fine, everything is good and I have the latest version. It's just that when I turn off my computer it tells me that "violation of address xxxxxx". So I'm not sure. :sad:
Even with TeaTimer disabled? That is not possible.

Do you have any other kind of resident protection?

drragostea
2008-04-16, 03:26
PiCoPi. I apologize, if I did not answer the question correctly. The messages actually come up with the TeaTimer enabled. Although, I have not tried shutting down with TeaTimer disabled. I do not have any other
Resident Shields except TeaTimer and AVG 7.5.524. Thanks :)

PiCoPi
2008-04-16, 04:00
PiCoPi. I apologize, if I did not answer the question correctly. The messages actually come up with the TeaTimer enabled. Although, I have not tried shutting down with TeaTimer disabled. I do not have any other
Resident Shields except TeaTimer and AVG 7.5.524. Thanks :)Well I guess disabling the TeaTimer would cause the error not to pop-up, but that isn't really a good sollution is it? :red:
Go Mode -> Advanced Mode -> Tools -> Resident -> uncheck the second box ("TeaTimer") to see if the problem persists.
I'm sure not.

For the real sollution, hopefully uninstall/reinstall should fix it, except if you have allready tried this!

Also, have you been running any registry cleaners?

Good Luck! :fear:

drragostea
2008-04-16, 13:09
Eh, I guess I'll leave the TeaTimer as it is. I'm not in the mood to disable it or reinstalling it (takes more time) because I have a lot of work to do. As for the registry cleaners, I use CCleaner (latest version). Thanks :)

PiCoPi
2008-04-16, 14:29
CCleaner is very good!

An uninstallation and reinstallation together, will take about 3 minutes!
Try it when you have time. I would be frustrated if an error popped-up every now and then.

Best luck! :spider:

drragostea
2008-04-16, 23:58
Thank you Pi. I have not tried disabling it because the Resident Shield is critical when I am on the internet (DSL). Cheers. :euro:

I'm actually waiting for Mozilla Firefox 3, Windows XP3, and a update for CCleaner to come out. Such a lot wait. >:D