PDA

View Full Version : Unable to Download from Hotlinkfiles.com

cameranutz2
2008-04-14, 17:00
I am a Staff Member for a site that uploads files to Hotlinkfiles.com for users to download. Since installing the latest update of Spybot, they are receiving the error Page Can Not Be Displayed or are directed to a totally blank page and can not download.

Any suggestions as to what settings may need to be changed to enable them to download? It has become a major issue. I am not running the most recent release of Spybot and do not want to lead them in the wrong direction. They are a bit agitated as is. Appreciate any assistance here.

spybotsandra
2008-04-14, 17:03
Hello,

Please open the Tools menu in your Internet Explorer and choose 'Spybot - Search Destroy Configuration'.
There you will find a drop down menu where you should select "Ask for blocking confirmation".
(3rd picture) (http://www.safer-networking.org/en/spybotsd15/index.html)
If you want to visit a blocked website choose "Allow". Hope this solves the problem.
If this doesn't work please run Spybot-S&D and select "Spybot-S&D" --> "Immunize" in the navigation bar on the left. Please hit "Undo".
Then run Spybot - Search & Destroy and switch to the Advanced mode via the menu item Mode.
Now select 'Tools' - 'Resident' from the navigation bar on the left.
Please untick the checkbox in front of the 'SdHelper'.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

cameranutz2
2008-04-14, 17:14
Thanks, that was quick! I will pass along to the info to our Members!:)

cameranutz2
2008-04-14, 18:07
One more question. Any suggestions for those having the problem in Firefox?

spybotsandra
2008-04-15, 13:52
Hello,

Undo the immunization should help.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

cameranutz2
2008-04-15, 16:54
Me again! Here is the response to the suggestion above from one of our Members:

"Just letting you know this didn't help. The only thing that actually seems to work is to completely turn off immunization. I've always had Spybot and I've used SMF forums before so obviously there's an update in someone's program that doesn't like each other. I use Firefox and Seamonkey so it's has nothing to do with the browser. Latest versions of everything except maybe the forums since I don't have control over that. :*)

But I thought I would let you know what I did at least.

1. Go to immunize and select undo as suggested.
2. Go to the Mode menu along the top of spybot and select advanced. Select yes when it asks if you are sure.
3. Select Tools from the left hand menu in Spybot and select resident and uncheck SD helper as suggested. Because I don't use the tea timer either, I just unchecked resident all together.
4. Go back to Spybot S&D on the left hand menu and choose immunize again. It will likely automatically immunize your system for you. When mine did this, I still had the problem where I was unable to download from this site. So I selected undo again. After it is finished undoing, select check again.Still unable to download."

Appreciate any further assistance!

spybotsandra
2008-04-15, 17:00
Hello,

So when i say undo the immunization, then why do you (or the user) immunize again? ;)

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

cameranutz2
2008-04-15, 23:35
Not sure. Thanks again for your help. I'll pass it along.