PDA

View Full Version : Im getting an error message durring the instalation!?!?

shaggwhitetchok
2008-04-14, 22:40
An error occurred while trying to rename a file in the destination directory: movefile failed; code 5. access is denied

anyhelp would be great

Greyfox
2008-04-15, 05:17
Perhaps you could take the time to provide details of what operating system you have, what version of SpybotSD you are installing, what antivirus, firewall and other spyware products you have installed - one or more of these could be a factor in your problem.

shaggwhitetchok
2008-04-16, 01:30
well, i have a compaq windows xp. i have avg and mcafee virus software and no spyware software at the moment. when i realized that i had a virus/spyware that my virus protection cant get rid of, i tried to install spybot S&D 1.5.2 but in the middle of the installation it stopped saying "movefile failed; code 5. access is denied" so i re-downloaded the install file from a different source thinking the file was corrupt but the same thing occurred. i also tried to install lavasoft ad-aware and windows defender and the same thing occurred, something stopped the instalation. iv ran my antivirus software multiple time and download the free scan from norton and nothing came up. i tryed making a new user acount and setting it to admin and installing it from there, and it didnt work. let me know if you need any more info, im not THAT good with comps. but i can get around