PDA

View Full Version : immunization freezing

Lawn gnome general
2008-04-16, 10:05
hey i recently got spybot S&D about a week ago but since then i've repeatedly tried to use the immunize option and it freezes at about 35% and i can't X out of it and even when i click end task from the task manager it doesn't shut it down :sad:

i've even tried leaving it be for about 5 hours once thinking maybe it took a very long time and it still didnt respond i've taken a look around the forums but im not finding anything thats helping me

one time it got to 50% then my webroot spy sweeper poped up and told me it was trying to change something in my hosts file i clicked allow the change and it still doesn't let it go though all it protects is the cookies every other box is unprotected

does anyone have any ideas on what i can do to fix it? (im using windows vista if that helps)

sorry if it seems like an easy thing to fix or an obvious question thats been answered and i just havent found it last computer i had was in 1995 and i just used it as a word proccessor so i don't know too much about computers :sad:

md usa spybot fan
2008-04-16, 10:26
Lawn gnome general:

Try turning off the active shield in Spy Sweeper when immunizing with Spybot.