PDA

View Full Version : How to undo registry changes?

nagan
2008-04-16, 13:26
One of the programs wanted a startup entry and I blocked it using SB and set it for always.How do I undo that?

spybotsandra
2008-04-16, 14:08
Hello,

Please right-click the Resident icon in the system tray "Spybot S&D resident" and select "Settings". There you will find 4 lists for remembered decisions (allowed/denied processes and registry changes). In order to remove an entry just click on the cross next to it. TeaTimer will then "forget" this decision and you will be asked again the next time.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

CaseMan
2008-06-20, 05:11
I denied some changes in Resident and I tried the whole "right click on Tea Timer - than settings thing, but when I look at my black and white list, no changes are listed what-so-ever. How do I reverse changes made by Resident without using the Tea Timer?

md usa spybot fan
2008-06-20, 06:19
CaseMan:

There is no facility within TeaTimer to reverse any Registry change decisions ("Allow change" or "Deny change") that you make. You have to redo whatever you were doing so that the Registry change is done again (or manually edit the Registry).

CaseMan
2008-06-20, 23:43
Where is the system startup information found in registry?

drragostea
2008-06-21, 00:43
I... wouldn't suggest manually editing the registry for a beginner or novice.

An easy way will be running "msconfig" or taking a look at the Startup Manager in Spybot-SD.