PDA

View Full Version : spybot reboots computer

ats1080
2008-04-18, 03:08
ive googled and searched the forums, but i cannot find anything related to my problem. i found an abundance of fixed issues where the cpu was overheating, but i know 100% this is not a heat related issue. ok, heres the problem: my sister called me up and tells me her computer is runing slow, getting errors, that kinda crap. so i went in to look at it and the first automatic thing i do is download spybot. i got in installed and updated and immunized fine, but as soon as i scan for threats it just reboots the computer. i didnt check for any BSOD erros, which i should have, but it slipped my mind. i didnt think about it because of how quickly it turned off. its like i just hit the reset switch on the motherbaod its so fast. i cant describe it any other way. so my question is, what is making it reboot? and how do i fix it?

o, i forgot to mention i tried scanning in safemode and the same thing happens

PiCoPi
2008-04-18, 03:27
I think the pc has some viruses, SB is not an antivirus, but apparently it detects an item related to the virus, virus reacts, kaboum.

Did you run an antivirus scan?
If not, I suggest you download and run a full scan with CureIt (http://www.freedrweb.com/), which is a simple exe file.
No setup or anything, it will run a quick scan by its own first and then select a full scan.

It's either that or the pc is about to collapse due to bad maintenance and/or crippled OS.

Good luck :bigthumb:

ats1080
2008-04-18, 04:13
alright, ill give cureit a try. she has norton 360 but i didnt even bother with it. and who knows when the last time it was used...i saw what it was doing and said ill be by tomorrow to pick it up and take it home to format it. im still interested in what it may be though.

ats1080
2008-04-21, 17:53
ok....the BSOD error code i got was "stop: 0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0x8062C26B, 0xB98E1B08, 0x00000000)" nothing else of interest.

PiCoPi
2008-04-22, 01:48
I didn't quite understand, is the problem solved now?

Does the pc still reboot or does it BSoD?

ats1080
2008-04-22, 15:58
no, problem is still there. i turned on the do not reboot after system failure and got that bsod error. it still reboots.

2008-04-22, 18:59
The inside of the pc may be very dirty, causing dust and debree to build up. Check that. Also, failing hardware could cause a reboot issue. A infection could also be the cause, do full scans with antiviruis and antispyware in safe mode and clear any infection, try again. You said you tried safe mode but try again. If all else fails, take it to a computer repair place and get it diagnostic run on it. Also, does the computer only restart when running spybot? If so, Uninstall spybot completely and reinstall. Let me know if any of that helps you.