PDA

View Full Version : Error message

drpeter
2008-04-19, 14:05
My Spybot version is 1.5.1.17 and my OS is Windows XP Professional SP2.

I attempt to update Spybot daily and run a full Search and Destroy after every update. In the last week, the Search and Destroy stops towards it’s end and the following message appears:-

"c:\program files\spybot-search_destroy\includes\trojansc.sbi". See "Includes errors log" for details". It has an OK button and if I click OK, the procedure continues and then congratulates me that I have no immediate threats.
I am not sure what the message means and cannot find “Include errors log” for details.
Any help would be much appreciated!

Terminator
2008-04-19, 14:21
Your are running an out of date version of Spybot so please upgrade to version 1.5.2.

drpeter
2008-04-19, 16:47
Thanks Terminator. Since I press update every day, I wonder why I have not been offered the newer version?
However, I have now downloaded the update .exe, BUT when I try to install I get the following message (I AM connected by Broadband):-
"Error sending request. A connection with the server could not be established."
So - for some reason I cannot install the later vesrion!
Now where do I go?

md usa spybot fan
2008-04-19, 17:29
drpeter:

The problem seems to be caused by certain firewalls blocking access to the internet without notification. The solution to this problem is to skip trying to updating during the installation and update after the installation, making sure that you authorize program SDUpdate.exe to access the internet via your firewall.

Please read my suggestion in post #5 (http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.php?p=166620&postcount=5) of this thread:
Install Issue...
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=24601

drpeter
2008-04-19, 19:26
Success!
I followed your instructions re download - then manually downloaded the updates - and the search and destroy function worked to the end, as it always used to do.
Many thanks for your rapid and knowledgeable help.