PDA

View Full Version : Immunize problem in 1.4 ?

harrysoft
2005-11-08, 07:10
My Comp:
Win98SE; MozilaFirefox_v1.0.7;
SpyBot_1.4; AdAware SE_build1.06r1;
F-prot v3.16a.

In SpyBot,
IMMUNIZE:
step 1: Button Check again;
2202 bad products already blocked, 4 additional protections possible.
Please imunize.

step 2: Button Immunize;
2206 bad products are now blocked.

step 3: Button Check again;
2202 bad products already blocked, 4 additional protections possible.
Please imunize.

Time and time again !
This is problem ? :confused:

spybotsandra
2005-11-08, 09:01
Hello,

This is a little bug in Spybot - Search & Destroy. The programm tries to immunize other accounts.
Probably, you do not have the rights to immunize because you are running Spybot as a normal user and not as admin.
As a current solution you can try to "Undo" the Immunisation. Now the bad products are allowed.
Then "Immunize" again. This should solve the problem for now.
We are about to locate this bug and fix it.
The fix will be downloadable with our next program upgrade.
We hope that it will be available soon.

Some more information is availible at our forum:
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=78

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

King of Spades
2005-11-09, 14:19
I have the same problem (I use Maxthon and AVG instead of Mozilla and F-Prot).

I've just tried your suggestion and it has not worked. I am the only user of this machine, so I am - in essence - its administrator.

sikrap
2005-11-11, 05:26
Hello, I am having a similar problem with Spybot. I should mention that I have been using this program for a few years and love it. I recently downloaded the updates and suddenly I have a problem when I try to Immunize. If I click on the shield in the left side of the screen, I get the usual message of "X products blocked, Y additional products can be protected against". This will happen forever. If I click on the Immunize button towards the top of the screen, it freezes the program. I am running Windows XP. I also use Ad-Aware as I have for as long as I've used SpyBot. I also checked with a friend of mine who is having the exact same problem. Any suggestions?:confused:
I should also mention that I am the administrator for this pc. I use Norton AV and have had no problem in the past. I have tried to uninstall and download a "new" version from Downloads.com, but nothing seems to help.

fjohn1
2005-11-11, 21:16
I could have written the post by Sikrap...only noticed problem in last few weeks.

sryding
2005-11-12, 04:30
I have been having the same problem for the past several weeks. I have tried completely uninstalling the program and reinstalling it several times. I use Windows XP and am the administrator on the computer. This problem began since I upgraded to 1.4. I have also tried undoing the immunization and immunizing again. This does not solve the problem.

sryding

sryding
2005-11-13, 01:28
I tried an experiment to see if I could get the program to immunize properly. I thought perhaps if both my limited and administrator accounts were open, that the program might immunize properly.

I stayed logged in as the administrator and switched to my limited use account on the same computer and logged in. I opened Spybot and hit the blue and white immunization key. Interestingly, there were far fewer things immunized or to be immunized in the limited account than there were in the administrator account. I hit the immunize key and everything on the limited account immunized. The immunization problem reported in this thread did not happen while operating as a limited user. I stayed logged in as the limited user and went back to the administrator account. The immunization problem still occurs there as before.

sryding

sikrap
2005-11-13, 01:45
I tried that but it didn't work:confused:

nobodyz
2005-11-14, 15:45
Hello,

This is a little bug in Spybot - Search & Destroy. The programm tries to immunize other accounts.
Probably, you do not have the rights to immunize because you are running Spybot as a normal user and not as admin.
As a current solution you can try to "Undo" the Immunisation. Now the bad products are allowed.
Then "Immunize" again. This should solve the problem for now.
We are about to locate this bug and fix it.
The fix will be downloadable with our next program upgrade.
We hope that it will be available soon.

Some more information is availible at our forum:
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=78

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

Thank you Sandra! :D I did as you suggested, and pressed 'UNDO' in the Immunize section. It "un did" all immunizations. Then I pressed "Immunize" again, and it did all of them.

Then, I closed Spybot: Search & Destroy.
Then, I re-opened Spybot: Search & Destroy.
When I clicked "Immunize" it was already blocking everything.

*Whew!* I thought I was going to be immunizing forever before I found your suggestion. Thank you.

My puter stats:
Signed on as an Administrator.
Windows XP
Browser: Opera (default), Firefox, I.E., SBC Yahoo DSL (all)
AVG Pro Anti-Virus
Zone Alarm firewall
Lavasoft Ad-Aware with Ad-Watch also installed.
:eek::D