PDA

View Full Version : Blue scree after Spybot run

Paulo Fernandes
2008-04-21, 11:48
Hello,

I'am having a problem with spybot. After runing the spybot and when selecting the correct and fix option my computer gives me a windows blue screen.

I'am runing under Windows XP Home Edition XP2 all updated
ESET NOD 32 Antivirus all updated
Spybot Latest version all updated

This problem as been appeaning for a wile.

Any ideas?
Thanks,
Best Regards.

spybotsandra
2008-04-21, 13:03
Hello,

Does the pc boot after a fresh system start?
Do you know which items you have fixed?
What were they named exactly?

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

Paulo Fernandes
2008-04-21, 22:27
Hello,

After the blue scree i have to shutdown the computer and restarted it. After that the system is running normal again, but if i run the spybot the same thing happens.
The spybot does'n have time to fix anything, i run the spybot and the same items are there to be fix.

Thanks,
Best Regards,
Paulo

drragostea
2008-04-21, 22:37
Paulo, are you saying that Spybot-SD prompts you scan again on reboot because some of the items could not be fixed?

Paulo Fernandes
2008-04-21, 22:50
Hello,

No, after the scan and when i click to clean the items the computer gives me a blue screen. Then i have to shutdown a reboot the computer. The spybot does not seam to notice that an error as occurred with the OS. And if i run the spybot again the items are still there.
I have juts downloaded the spybot again i i'am updating it, i will run it again and report with the blue screen error.

Thanks,
Best Regards,
Paulo

drragostea
2008-04-21, 23:20
Well Paulo, are you saying you just installed a fresh copy of Spybot-SD (1.5.2.20)? Okay then... can you tell me the items you see on the monitor when Spybot finishes scanning? I'll wait for your results.

Paulo Fernandes
2008-04-21, 23:30
Hello Again,

I have just run spybot and the same thing as happen, when i click to fix the system gives a blue screen. The spybot monitor add the following items:
DoubleClick
FastClick
HitBox
MediaPlex
TradeDoubler
Zedo
Virtumonde
Virtumonde.dll

My antivirus as also detected the Virtumonde virus but is unable to clean it.
I have also block one action in the registry that is constantly giving me an warning in the spybot. This virus is trying to right in the registry but is block by the spybot.

Thanks,
Best Regards,
Paulo

drragostea
2008-04-22, 02:27
Alright, thanks... From how I see it... you have tracking cookies and Virtumonde on your computer. :sad: Virtumonde is a trojan that can spam your computer with ads... What I would recommend you do is visit the Malware Removal portion of this forum. But first, can you attempt to run Superantispyware? The reason I'm recommending this program is because it was a Smitfraud renounced cleaner. You may google it, and download, update, and do a full scan. A full scans gives the programs full potential in detecting adware/spyware/trojans. I'll wait for your results thanks.

And btw, you can clean out your cache, temp files, and cookies in your browser manually. Do you use Mozilla or IE? They both offer options to clean out the "gutter".

Paulo Fernandes
2008-04-24, 01:18
Hello,

I have removed the virus, i connected the hard drive with the virus to one other computer and removed the dll files that contain the virus and the antivirus does not detect any problem with the system. I have not run the Spybot or the superantispyware. I will run and check it as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Best Regards,
Paulo Fernandes

drragostea
2008-04-24, 03:37
Hello, Paulo. I would suggest you run Superantispyware and Spybot-SD to detect any other garbage/spyware on your computer. In addition... Spybot-SD does not remove viruses. It detects and removes adware/spyware/trojans/malware and other malicious things in that category!