PDA

View Full Version : starting up puter in the morning

anastasia
2008-04-21, 15:17
I just installed spybot and it INSTANTLY took away a trojan that took over and kept causing pop-ups saying we were infected with viruses...I wish I had known about this product 3 system restores ago!!
Anywho....I did a scan last night and it found some more stuff but then kept asking me if I wanted to deny or allow...I wasn't sure WHAT to do,and YES I read the tuturial AND tried clicking on the info about each thing it was asking but it had no info to give me.
My MAIN question here is this...when I start up my computer it instantly has like 4 things that it is asking if I want to allow or deny.I have been offline for 10 hours,I have no clue what this stuff is,BUT I do know that my McAfee will do some changes all the time to the puter....HOW do I know if I should allow or deny this stuff...there were 4 this morning when I logged on.IF I deny them,will it affect my McAfee?? IF I allow them,what would happen if it isn't McAfee,and if I allow them,what could happen?? Sorry all the questions,and I hope this made sense and is in the right spot for posting! Thanks in advance!!

spybotsandra
2008-04-21, 15:24
Hello,

If you have scanned and fixed items with Spybot you also have to allow the registry change that the Resident TeaTimer is asking for.
Only then the items will be deleted completely.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot