PDA

View Full Version : How to scan a single file?

tamag
2008-04-21, 20:13
Is it possible to scan a single file (a number of specific files) using spybot? The way I see it is it can only scan the whole system. I tried to go to the spybot search & destroy directory in a command window and manually typed the command line

spybotsd.exe filename /autofix

It automatically launched the spybot window and started scanning the whole system, which is not what I want.

Can anyone help please? Thanks a lot.

Yodama
2008-04-22, 07:35
if you have Spybot S&D 1.5.2.20 installed please do the following:

open a command line prompt via start - run and entering cmd
navigate to your Spybot S&D folder (default is c:\program files\spybot - search & destroy\ )
now enter regsvr32 sdfiles.dll

you should get a message that the sdfiles.dll has been successfully registered.
Now you will have an additional Spybot-S&D tab within the file properties, just click the tab and the file will be scanned. You can also mark multiple files and scan them the same way.

tamag
2008-04-22, 16:49
Thanks a lot for your reply. I do have spybot - s&d 1.5.2.20. I did what you described in your post and go the following message:

DllRegisterServer in sdfiles.dll succeeded.

which seems close enough to what you said. Then I launched spybot and went to File on the top. There are only two items: Check for problems and Exit. So where did I do wrong? When I ran "regsvr32 sdfiles.dll" in the command window, I tried with spybot on and off (exited) just to make sure the problem wasn't caused by that. I even restarted my computer and it still didn't work.

Thanks a lot for your help.

tamag
2008-04-22, 17:09
Ok, I got it now. I thought the tab was inside spybot window. Thanks again for your help.

Does this forum not allow editing one's own post? I was trying to delete my earlier post and couldn't find any option or link to click.

md usa spybot fan
2008-04-22, 17:47
tamag:

Does this forum not allow editing one's own post? I was trying to delete my earlier post and couldn't find any option or link to click.
I believe that the defaults of this forum are:
5 minutes to edit the title of a thread that you originate.
--- and ---
15 minutes to edit a post that you originate.
--- and ---
I do not beleive you can delete a post.

If you went into the post more than 15 minutes from the time you posted, that is most likely why you did not see an "Edit" button on your post.